General Television Thread

Hellfire

Benji, by the end of The Americans you will be saying it is one of the best shows on cable/network TV. Stick with it.

Also, Defiance is a cure for insomnia.

End of series or pilot? I watched to episode three, and it's improved, but I wouldn't go anywhere near as far as that claim >_>

Starting to take into serious consideration the possibility that Veep might actually be the best comedy on TV right now.

It's the first Armando Iannucci show that I just could not get into. It's not that it was bad by any means, but it just didn't click with me. Any episode in particular that you'd suggest?

Starting to take into serious consideration the possibility that Veep might actually be the best comedy on TV right now.

It's the first Armando Iannucci show that I just could not get into. It's not that it was bad by any means, but it just didn't click with me. Any episode in particular that you'd suggest?

"Helsinki" or "Running," both from season two. Though the events of both are pretty referential to stuff that happened earlier in the season so I dunno. Season one I liked but didn't love, but season two is pretty magnificent.

See my comment on season 1 vs. season 2. Also I don't trust trailers/previews anymore because I've never seen a Community one that made me laugh.

Best isolated line from last night, submitted mostly for Cloudy to inevitably press "like."

tumblr_mor495ucI21s7gnr1o1_400.gif

Though Selina blaming the failure of the president's administration on "a burnt-out loser and a conniving robot" and then immediately cutting to Mike and Dan in full agreement was amazing.

Also Under the Dome starts tonight. I'm quite interested.

• Like 2

Oh shit, I need to record that. Thanks for the reminder.

And yeah, that scene with Mike and Dan was my favorite part.

EDIT: Also, man, I really hope season 3 has more Governor Chung.

I liked Under The Dome. I thought it was a pretty good adaptation of good book - then again, I'm biased, being a big fan of Stephen King's works and all. I hope someone else here's read the book (Summers?) so I have someone to talk about book/show discrepancies and the like, though.