House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

I don't know, I feel like Jamie helping the escape is still perfectly reasonable, I think he always was going to. It's not like he hasn't played both sides of this before and it's made obvious that he'll do anything to save Tyrion. There's still plenty of time for him and Cersei to fall apart next season, when she starts to put two and two together and realize he's the only one that would and could save him.

Might want to spoiler the first bit of that post, Gazz.

The Lannister happenings bugged me, yes, but I was perfectly happy with the Hound/Brienne fight. As well as it being pretty fucking brutal (I wanted a dirty fist fight), they were going to start changing things so I'm just glad it got Arya and Sandor to Point B.

Also can we point out how hey, no rape scene with Sansa that everyone was all pissed about? Because I feel like most people were up in arms about it before they had the chance to see it not happen at all. >_>

• Like 7

All of you who have read the books REALLY have to do a better job of keeping your traps shut.

Sorry if you take offense, it's just really annoying getting shit spoiled. It would be nice to come here and discuss the TV show without having to worry.

(Not that I've discussed anything, just found this thread.)

The spoilers in this post contain book spoilers, so don't read if you haven't read them.

I wish the finale had a better ending. Seriously.

And I was disappointed with the lack of one character:

No Lady Stoneheart. Seriously. Though I can sort of see why, because the actress is on another show...sort of. I'm going to be severely disappointed if they don't use her next season, because I want to see the Freys shit bricks.

And iirc, shouldn't Jon Snow be dead now?

The book readers make me so happy about the way I'm approaching the series (watch the season, read the corresponding book).

Whereas the fact that they're still apparently not done with Storm of Swords makes me frustrated with the way I'm approaching the series.

• Like 1

All of you who have read the books REALLY have to do a better job of keeping your traps shut.

Sorry if you take offense, it's just really annoying getting shit spoiled. It would be nice to come here and discuss the TV show without having to worry.

Yeah, fuck us that have read the books, our opinions don't fucking matter.

• Like 1

Opinions are fine. Knowing when and where to say them is important, though.
  • Like 4

And 100% of the time when you do slip up, it's super shitty for those of us who haven't read the books.

You know what would make it better for everyone? Discuss the episode in here, and anything else (differences, characters who did/didn't show up, what's going to happen next) in the book thread.

• Like 2

You have a whole fucking thread where you can talk about the show and include book spoilers. It's got nothing to do with your opinion not mattering, it's the fact that most people who haven't read the books have had parts of the series spoiled in this thread because the people who've read the books can't seem to stop posting spoilers.

• Like 8

And 100% of the time when you do slip up, it's super shitty for those of us who haven't read the books.

You know what would make it better for everyone? Discuss the episode in here, and anything else (differences, characters who did/didn't show up, what's going to happen next) in the book thread.

Yeah, this. Just talk about it in the other thread. I really don't understand why that's so hard to do.
  • Like 2

That's a weak defense to use. There's been a few manga's I've read that were later turned into anime; didn't see me spoiling them in the anime thread. It doesn't matter if in the books (I haven't read them, so I'm going with what I'm assuming is an original example here) by this point Ned Stark came back as Eddy the Headless Dancing Clown, if it hasn't happened on the show, don't talk about it. If you want to talk about what happened last night, go ahead. But as for stuff that hasn't happened, imagine that this is an entirely separate continuity from the books.

• Like 2

First of all I agree with what Maxx said. I don't see the need to have all the discussions about the differences between the books and the show in this thread.

Secondly:

Am I the only one who is genuinely sad about Tywin's death? Yes, he was a cruel, calculating asshole who was so obsessed with rebuilding the reputation of his house and his own legacy that he almost completely neglected his duties and responsibilities as a father which turned his children into the fucked up people that they are which, in a ironic turn, lead to the disruption of everything he spent his life fighting for. But he was also a very intelligent and cunning man and I looked forward to seeing what he was up to every time the show was on. He was a very well written character and in my opinion the show lost a great villan with him. I would've loved to see how he would've handled the sutiation with Cersei and the return to form of Stannis Baratheon if he hadn't died.

I also felt that his death doesn't do him justice. I get why he died that way. It was inevitable that his mistakes and shortcomings in terms of taking care of his offspring would sooner or later catch up with him and that he probably would die by the hands of one of his children. But his death felt so empty. Joffrey death wasn't how I imagined it either and allthough it was horrific to watch him die the way he did it was still a "FUCK YEAH!" moment to me. But this? Dying in the shitter? That is so undignified and below is character.