The Capital One Cup thread 2014/15

Lineker

But wasn't Mingolet great last season and helped Liverpool to a 2nd place finish in the league?

Why have Liverpool fans suddenly started to throw him under a bus? Is it because of the Victor Valdes rumours and need to shit on him enough to justify getting a guy in who has just had a very serious injury? If you want a scapegoat for poor performances this/last season it's Kolo Toure.

• Like 1

But wasn't Mingolet great last season and helped Liverpool to a 2nd place finish in the league?

Why have Liverpool fans suddenly started to throw him under a bus? Is it because of the Victor Valdes rumours and need to shit on him enough to justify getting a guy in who has just had a very serious injury? If you want a scapegoat for poor performances this/last season it's Kolo Toure.

Games Kolo Toure has played this season 1, games Liverpool have lots with him in team, 0 Games Kolo Toure has not played in this season 6, games Liverpool have lost with out Kolo Toure 3.

Liverpool are in the bottom half of the table without Kolo this season, finished second last season where he played in more than half the games, the statistics bare out that Kolo Toure is a very important member of the Liverpool squad.

• Like 1

He wasn't that fantastic. He started well but trailed off around the middle of the year. His December-January wasn't great at all. Then in the second half of the season he kinda plateaued.

His shot stopping is his best asset. His distribution is generally fairly poor. Lately he seems to be trying to come off his line more and more but he isn't very good at it (see the Ludogorets goal and the first goal last night).

What Liverpool need, if anything, are goalkeeping options. Right now we have Mingolet and Brad Jones. The only reason Jones is still around is he's on fairly big wages.

• Like 1

Really don't fancy us against Forest tonight. I wish we were playing pretty much anyone else really. Stuart Pearce in the changing room and the anniversary celebration of Brian Clough. Add to that the chance to beat a Premier League team in the cup. Those players and the fans are going to be ridiculously pumped. I wouldn't be surprised if we went 1-0 down early on and really had to fight after that.

I really don't understand Soldado sometimes. I really like him, especially his link up play, but he never seems to make runs behind the defence. We're crying out for a striker who runs behind the defence, and I thought he was the kind of player who was capable of that. I'd like to see him link up with Lamela and Eriksen more often this season.

• Like 1