WiP - EWB EWR Update

Sousa

I haven't ever really liked EWR stats updates. I don't think anyone, as far as I know (and it has been years since I've played EWR), has ever really made custom data that actually worked how the game was programmed. Oftentimes they made the game waaay too easy.

iDOL did a bang up job with iDOM, but, no, as far as real life stats go, no one's really done that great a job, and, even when people do put in the time and effort to put out something fun and useable, any topic about it gets bogged down in endless minutiae. Skummy's basically spot on about it.

Honestly, since TEW05 went freeware, I haven't used EWR for anything other than backyard games, where it's still superior. I understand that some people prefer it's bare bones-ness for diary purposes, but I'm not in that camp.

• Like 1

Danny Bonaduce is in this database and he has shooting ability ticked.

As does Bryan Alvarez.

And Brutus Beefcake.

Wait wait wait wait fucking wait you guys.

Bryan Alvarez is a wrasslin' newz guy.  Brutus Beefcake has done several shoot interviews.

I think these idiots think "shooting ability" means "willingness to do shoot interviews."

• Like 3

Promotion Wars owns

Traitor

I dunno if I'd nuke everything and start again but I'm probably gonna download EWR and see what I can do, once I'm home. The help of Skummy and anyone else would be appreciated. 

I would. It's bloated to all hell. I know 'optimisation' and everything but my PC has 64GB RAM.

I can start a new full database game of Football Manager with 125,000 players quicker than I can start a new game of EWR.

• Like 4

As does Bryan Alvarez.

And Brutus Beefcake.

Bryan Alvarez is a wrasslin' newz guy.  Brutus Beefcake has done several shoot interviews.

I think these idiots think "shooting ability" means "willingness to do shoot interviews."

Alvarez has a black belt in BJJ.

• Like 1

Is there an easier way of editing the game than the in-game editor? Like if I could open the individual data files in excel or something and edit them there I could probably put together a decent update...

And after trying with WordPad, NotePad++ and libre office's version of excel, nope, you can't.

One problem I see is that the game doesn't have enough shitty australian workers that I'm familiar with as it is and any cleanup of the database to the extent that you guys are talking about, would likely lose the few that I do know. :(

Lose a few? More like all of them. All the Australians. Even Emma, Murphy and Nathan Jones.

As does Bryan Alvarez.

And Brutus Beefcake.

Alvarez has a black belt in BJJ.

Tick shooting for Gazz

• Like 4

One problem I see is that the game doesn't have enough shitty australian workers that I'm familiar with as it is and any cleanup of the database to the extent that you guys are talking about, would likely lose the few that I do know. :(

this is exactly one of the issues, it's a simulator for North American promotions, it's one of the reasons the database is so bloated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I decided this morning to go through EWR and see what I could fix. Holy fuck, why did I give myself this task? 

I have typed "untick shooting ability" about a hundred times already.

• Like 2

I'm not starting from scratch, it was more an exercise in proving how fucking wrong the database is - I don't play EWR any more, I vastly prefer TEW when I get the time to play it. I downloaded EWR especially to have a look at how broken it was. Why? What have I done?!

A short list of people who I have requested should have "Shooting Ability" unticked thus far;

Kane
Booker T
Lita
Shane Helms
JBL
Hardcore Holly
Shawn Stasiak
TAKA Michinoku
Randy Orton
Buff Bagwell
Scott Steiner
Rick Steiner
Konnan
Little Guido
Kid Kash
Ron Harris
Marty Jannetty
Virgil
AJ Styles
New Jack
Doug Williams
2 Cold Scorpio
Amasis
Jaka
Mike Quackenbush

And then there's "High Spots", "Superstar Look", "Fonz  Factor" and "Menacing" to consider, and "Trainer", "Announcer" and "Booker", which seem to be ticked at random. Remember all those guys trained by Hulk Hogan? Or the illustrious booking career of Sabu? Meanwhile, none of CHIKARA's Wrestle Factory trainers have "Trainer" ticked.