MLB The Show - General Discussion

Meacon Keaton

One positive to come out of the franchise stream is that they've supposedly fixed the AI logic around lineup decisions.  If a dude in the lineup is sucking ass and a bench player is on a hot streak, the AI will actually bench the guy struggling, etc.  Used to drive me crazy that the AI would refuse to bench players no matter how badly they were doing for anything other than injury or fatigue.

But they still haven't fixed things people have been requesting for years, like being unable to edit coaches.  Oh, the new 1B coach you signed is 8 feet tall and wears a retired number?  Too bad!

Also they continue to say it's impossible to program real-life MLB scheduling in terms of interleague matchups.  So once again whatever interleague games your team has this year will be the same teams you play every single year.  Seems ridiculous that they can't set up an interleague rotation.

I will also assume they have not fixed players wearing warmup jackets when on base.  I'm really leaning towards just spending $20 and picking up 17 again.  18 looks like its just going to be a really weak update to it.

Why are the pitchers wearing jackets Meacon?  I'm sorry that's not enough of a problem for you.

Seriously though, yes its just the pitchers and yes its just a stupid little thing, but its also been a stupid little thing they haven't fixed for years.

For as annoyed as I am that there are practically no improvements to Franchise, I still pre-ordered.

I got pretty into the Diamond Dynasty stuff last year so I'm looking forward to doing that again. 

I also want to run a Cube Diary where five people each take one team from a division. 

#notallpitcherswearjackets

I'd be down to run a team. We should pick the division with the shittiest teams and roll the dice for who gets the one good team.

Another thing that was seen in the franchise stream, and it was really kinda weird the way it was unveiled - they were going to the Angels roster to show Mike Trout, who finally had his face scanned for the game.  And right underneath Trout on the roster was Shohei Ohtani.  This caught people by surprise because the rule had always been that people couldn't be in the game unless they'd been on the active Major League roster.  Every big international signing over the years from Dice-K to Cespedes to Tanaka has needed to be user-created for the OFSM rosters, and had to wait to be "officially" added to the game until they released their first roster update after Opening Day.  It's even more surprising in Ohtani's case because he's not even on the Angels' 40-man roster and is, contractually, still a minor leaguer at this point.

Despite this, they made absolutely zero mention of Ohtani's inclusion.

31 minutes ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

Another thing that was seen in the franchise stream, and it was really kinda weird the way it was unveiled - they were going to the Angels roster to show Mike Trout, who finally had his face scanned for the game.  And right underneath Trout on the roster was Shohei Ohtani.  This caught people by surprise because the rule had always been that people couldn't be in the game unless they'd been on the active Major League roster.  Every big international signing over the years from Dice-K to Cespedes to Tanaka has needed to be user-created for the OFSM rosters, and had to wait to be "officially" added to the game until they released their first roster update after Opening Day.  It's even more surprising in Ohtani's case because he's not even on the Angels' 40-man roster and is, contractually, still a minor leaguer at this point.

Despite this, they made absolutely zero mention of Ohtani's inclusion.

Apparently they bought Ohtani's rights before he signed with an MLB team. 

• Like 1

My local store bungled up a trade-in I did last year for the game. I had some money down on a Switch, and then I traded in a bunch of stuff to put towards both my Switch pre-order and MLB 17. Apparently, they did it wrong so I got extra credit I shouldn't have and I have been waiting since to be able to cancel my Switch reservation. They told me that it's going to be taken care of here soon though, so at the very least, I'm going to get my $50 cash back from the Switch deposit (which I would have liked to have gotten, but the whole mess and then work related issues made it less of a need for me)... add to that the fact that MLB 17 is digitally $30, and if I get that $50 back, I'm not out any extra money... well, my dumb ass just convinced myself to buy MLB 18, because it's $50 I "didn't have" before, plus the $30 I was already going to spend.