MLB The Show - General Discussion

Meacon Keaton

I finally made it to the major league after being picked up by the San Diego Padres (a week before being signed by the Atlanta Braves, but anyway). 

My debut was batting 4th, managing to get only one base hit in my first two innings. Then I had an easy high fly ball catch to bring in, fucked it up, ball hit me square in the face, knocked me over and I was taken out of the game.

Fantastic debut.

• Like 3

On 2017-5-5 at 16:24, Bobfoc said:

As a genuine question from someone with only a passing interest in baseball, why don't pitchers wear head protection? I'd be terrified of something like the clip above happening.

Some pitchers do wear a helmet/hat thing.

Image result for pitcher helmets

It looks a little silly, but if it ever saves someone's life, it's worth it. These ones the Pirates looked to be trying out don't seem that bad.

Image result for pitcher helmets

Neither of their faces are helping in that picture.

I kind of really hate adaptive difficulty.  When pitching, if I move up a level, I just get completely ruined because it feels like timing becomes completely different.  And then, even when I hit the meter perfectly, I'll still get pitches that go way outside.  It doesn't feel like a difficulty bump, it feels like they just up the randomness.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Meacon said:

So for those of us that have played this, due to the servers being such crap, we're being given 10 standard packs and 11000 stubs. I don't play Diamond Dynasty, but I still get a kick out of opening the packs, so yay.

Is it for everyone or just people who play Diamond Dynasty or online?

11,000 stubs = 11,000 Training Points. If I get 11,000 Training Points when I get home from work tomorrow night and boot up my Road to the Show... I'm going to be sooooo happy.

I really want to play Diamond Dynasty, but something about designing the uniforms (which I usually love doing in games) just kills my interest and I can't get rolling.

RTTS-wise, got called up to the Marlins, and watched them blow like 80% of the games I started after they take me out.  Started demanding a trade, and while it took a couple seasons, I got traded to the Royals, where I have yet to lose.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

When are they doing it?

They said they are rolling it out in waves over the next few weeks. Which basically means people on reddit will be consistently complaining that they haven't got their stubs & packs yet.

Also this weekend I am officially setting up an EWB Online Franchise!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

They said they are rolling it out in waves over the next few weeks. Which basically means people on reddit will be consistently complaining that they haven't got their stubs & packs yet.

Also this weekend I am officially setting up an EWB Online Franchise!

Online franchise, eh?

How does that work?