MLB The Show - General Discussion

Meacon Keaton

Road to the Show is so much more interesting with the new additions. I'm almost through my first season as a closer, and I've been moved to starter due to injuries to my team already. Made the all-star team after moving back to closer, and snagged myself an agent so that I have someone more businessy to deal with the Atlanta Braves if they try screwing me around.

1 minute ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Yeah, I just started as a second baseman. Will probably mostly play RTTS until the OSFM rosters come out.

Thought the roleplay stuff might have been very basic but it seems pretty fun so far.

I always wait for the OSFM rosters before I start my franchise. Usually, I split the first month or so of the game between RTTS and a Franchise where I strictly simulate the games, so that I can get the feel for any new off-field additions to the game before I try to build a legacy.

• Like 2

The player models look so good. Even the made up guys look much better and there's a lot more customization.

Might try and run the thing I did in the Cube a little while ago where EWBers create rookies and then I follow their careers.

• Like 3

I think the problem with new commentary is that it's mostly going to be Vasgersian because Reynolds and the other guy are so new. So it's going to be mostly the same stuff we've heard from MV until they can build up the amount of lines for the other two.

Do we think an EWB Franchise would work on here? Like, not run online and more of a Cube thing.

I feel like it would be a bit easier than OOTP as it's not as intense. The biggest thing would be extracting stats and stuff which would be a heavy workload on me and folks not being able to see everything without going through me.

• Like 1

Doing my usual pitcher in RTTS, got drafted by the Twins in the 4th round, but it happened so fast that I thought it was Twins in the 1st round, #1 overall.  I NEVER WOULD HAVE SIGNED IF I KNEW THEY WEREN'T PROPERLY EVALUATING MY TALENTS!

• Like 1

So I'm a starting pitcher in AA and doing great, lots of one or two hit games in a row.  My manager tells me they want to try me in middle relief and I ask why and he says they need to see players full skill sets and what other roles they can fill.  Obviously he was confused as my role is a starter, so I set him straight.

He benched me.  

This is a travesty.

• Like 1

That is so great.

I haven't played much of RTTS as I've started to really get into Diamond Dynasty this year. But that sounds amazing. I typically play mostly Franchise and have been the least interested in starting one this year (want to wait for OSFM anyway but yeah). I think I'll be kept plenty busy with MLB this year considering RTTS is great, Diamond Dynasty missions have been fun and I always love Franchise (plus new Critical Situations).