MLB The Show - General Discussion

Meacon Keaton

So this is the first time I have ever bought a game digitally before release. Am I supposed to be able to download it already? I've got a 7.796 GB download running, but it's not supposed to be available yet (and that seems quite small for the full game).

So I don't normally start a Franchise until the OSFM rosters get released so I usually start with RTTS. Servers aren't working and I imagine they won't until Friday.

I like that I don't need to spend money on training points but I hate that certain categories can be maxed. I picked a "Good Hands" shortstop, meaning I can get 99 in Contact and two Fielding stats but all my baserunning and speed maxes out at 50, which kind sucks. No idea if there is a way to boost those maxes but my favourite thing is trying to steal ALL THE TIME when I am playing RTTS.

Although my coach already yelled at me after I went 5 for 7 in stolen bases, then told me it's not part of my game and I should stop trying to steal. Two days later I got told I have a bad attitude. :P

I will wait for OSFM rosters but I want to run a five player Franchise in the Cube. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

My favorite was getting benched by the manager for not wanting to change positions.  He then inserted me into pinch hitting duty that day at which point I hit a go-ahead home run and presumably RKO'ed the manager as soon as I got back to the dugout.

I was an undefeated starting pitcher with a sub 2.50 ERA and got told they were going to try me as a reliever.  I disagreed with that idea and suddenly I'm the prima donna?  PSSSSSH

• Like 2

Oh shit, I didn't realize pre-ordering at Gamestop meant I could pick up a copy on Friday instead of next Tuesday.  Will be going to pre-order at lunch then.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Uh guys, they got rid of Online Franchise.

How are we going to pretend to start one this year?

Is it possible they just won't have that option open until the actual release date? I mean, my buddies and I SharePlay our franchises since Online play sucks butts so it doesn't really affect me, but still. 

2 hours ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

Them dumping online franchise and then basically not even touching franchise mode the past few years lends to the belief that they just don't feel the average gamer cares about franchise allowing them to immerse themselves in OOTP levels of depth.

Their big focus is clearly on DD.

You could tell last year they don't care about Franchise when they released missions you could but never added any more than the Beginning ones.