Sky Bet EFL 2018/19

Lineker

Joking aside, he's backed Neal Ardley in the transfer window, despite putting the club up for sale. He's been happy to let Ardley bring in the types of players that suit his tactical style and who'll battle hard in a relegation fight. He's incapable of using Twitter responsibly and clearly has some issues in his personal life, but he's got the interests of the club at heart.

200k for not breaking any rules? I mean it's better then the 15 point deduction they decided to pull out of their arse last time. If we had nothing to play for there's no way we'd accept it but we've got bigger fish to fry and this has gone on way too long already. 

Except it's not so obviously cheating, if it was then it wouldn't have taken over a month to decide we acted against the spirit of the game. I can only assume we're going to see fines handed out for deliberately wasting time from now on.

Didn't Norwich paint their away dressing room pink because it was supposed to give them a psychological advantage? I suppose that deserves a fine too. 

There isn't a cat in hell's chance this would stand in court if we'd bothered to take it that far. 

19 hours ago, Matt said:

200k for not breaking any rules? I mean it's better then the 15 point deduction they decided to pull out of their arse last time. If we had nothing to play for there's no way we'd accept it but we've got bigger fish to fry and this has gone on way too long already. 

You mean the one imposed because Ken Bates decided to try and blatantly abuse the system and put the club into administration about five minutes before the season ended and barring a ridiculous goal swing in the last game you were already relegated in order to try and avoid starting the following season on minus 10? 

That extra five points was fully warranted.

Edited by hugobomb
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Didn't Norwich paint their away dressing room pink because it was supposed to give them a psychological advantage? I suppose that deserves a fine too. 

I love that kind of shithousery. The spying thing I think is a bit overblown, its just a step further than scouting a team, isn't it?

Football and Shithousery are made for one another.

Problem for Leeds is enough teams complained about it so they had to do something. Take the 200k fine now and if you get into the Prem (which is likely) and it'll be chump change. 

11 hours ago, hugobomb said:

You mean the one imposed because Ken Bates decided to try and blatantly abuse the system and put the club into administration about five minutes before the season ended and barring a ridiculous goal swing in the last game you were already relegated in order to try and avoid starting the following season on minus 10? 

Completely right.

And of course, it wouldn't have ultimately mattered that season if Leeds had beaten little Donny Rovers at Wembley in the Play Off Final...but they didn't.

14 hours ago, hugobomb said:

That's not what it was for and even if it was, it wouldn't have been warranted. You can't decide you don't like something and retrospectively punish it. If the government decided to introduce prohibition tomorrow, they couldn't go around and nick everyone that got pissed last weekend. 

But regardless, the -15 was for exiting administration without a CVA. This came from a dispute with HMRC who wouldn't accept any administration deal because of the football creditors rule (there had recently been a law change where HMRC were no longer preferential creditors in a CVA). Of course once that problem started affecting other clubs they abolished this new rule they'd created.

As Adam said it would've been irrelevant if we hadn't bottled it at Wembley but again, it's not really the point. 

It is a real mess. The owners of the club don’t give a fuck about football and show no signs of backing down. Imagine taking legal action against the owners of your stadium, appealing and appealing each time it fails, and then having the audacity to blame the owners for not engaging in a discussion over playing there next season. 

The EFL are, as ever, a joke for threatening to expel them from the league. They're supposed to make sure people like SiSu don't get their claws into its football clubs. They do nothing yet are quick to threaten these clubs when those owners cause them hardship.