Sky Bet EFL 2018/19

Lineker

3 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Nobody's shocked that he did this. They're just shocked that he's still somehow involved in football after everything he's done.

That's what I don't understand. He wasn't that good as a player, why has he been given so many opportunities? 

In justification rather than defense he hasn't really, every career move was a downwards one, barring maybe Marseille? You can question the logic of anyone employing him as a manager given his history, but he did all his badges etc so they maybe thought he was worth a try. I reckon that'll be the end of him.

2 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Hasn't he been declared bankrupt twice, the new prospective owner?

Yeah, but Donald Trump has been declared bankrupt and look how its working out for him.

I don't think he's taken it yet to be fair, the sale has been agreed but the EFL still need to approve it.

It is a joke though, I do wonder what the "Owners & Directors" test, as it is now known, actually consists of. I think only a couple of people have failed it, including former Doncaster Rovers chairman John Ryan when he tried to buy the club back in a daft crowdfunding scheme with Louis bloody Tomlinson. And I know for a fact John Ryan has money because he's a successful, above board businessman who guided us out of oblivion into the Championship.

Then you see people like Bassini, and that fake Qatar company that swindled buying Notts County, getting approved and allowed to freely fuck about with EFL clubs. Daft.

37 minutes ago, MexicoJack said:

Not only has he been twice declared bankrupt, in 2013 he was banned from holding any leadership role in a football club for three years due to financial improprierties. How the hell he passed the fit and proper persons test is mind boggling.

The fit and proper persons test is pure bullshit. "Are you fit? Are you proper? Yes? Good."

The amount of charlatan owners in the EFL is stupid. Especially that knob at Charlton.

• Like 1