Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

Thank you EWB Community for letting me share this with you all while I deal with a lot. You all provided a laugh, insight into the game and opinions and kept me company. 

If you enjoy tonight think of others and reach out to people. You could save a life of someone who is struggling. Love and light always ❤

Also England beat Germany at last 😂

• Like 14

I will give Southgate credit that the way he set-up helped England to control the game more than not, defended resolutely and grew in confidence. Jack Grealish changed the game though. That combination between Grealish, Shaw, Sterling and Kane created both goals and I think England can go on now with great confidence. When Muller missed, I thought "this might actually be our day" because he was nailed on to score there.

My first Euros bet has come off at last as well...Harry Kane to score anytime today. Never in doubt.

• Like 2

Last time England beat Germany in a tournament, they won it - clearly this means it's coming home.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Surely DCL has some kind of injury though? Why would you name 2 keepers on the bench and not your only other centre forward?

You have to name 2 keepers on the bench.

6 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Last time England beat Germany in a tournament, they won it - clearly this means it's coming home.

You have to name 2 keepers on the bench.

We beat Germany at Euro 2000...got knocked out with a loss to Romania in the next game.

(Add "at Wembley" and we're good ;))

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was so busy at work, it was 0-0 then suddenly 2-0. Got home and realised it was ENGLAND who were ahead and won the game. What a horror of a shift. :lol:

This tournament has been full of weird upsets, all of them wholly deserved.

Why do VAR refs/4th officials not let the ref know when there's a potentially horrific head injury like that? Was almost knee to head, completely accidental, but if I saw it VAR should have.