Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Can't wait for us to shithouse our way to beating Germany only to lose to Sweden in the quarters

Fixed that. 

I still can't over yesterday. Just amazing. Both underdogs going from 1-0 to 1-3 down, only to make improbable comebacks at 3-3 for ET!? The absurd Simon own goal coming right after another Morata sitter fail, Simon's great save at 3-3 in ET, Morata's excellent goal to make it 5-3. France going from a penalty away to be 0-2 to up 2-1 in a matter of minutes, Benzema's absurd touch for the first goal, Pogba's AMAZING goal for 3-1, Seferovic's bullet header for 2-3, Pogba costing France to set up the third goal, Coman almost scoring a worldie at the end of stoppage time, the near misses of extra time, some class penalties and almost saves, all to culminate in Mbappe being the one to have the penalty saved? And I'm still probably missing out something! Seriously, what an amazing day of football.

You just know that Germany/England is going to suck now!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

I still can't over yesterday. Just amazing. Both underdogs going from 1-0 to 1-3 down, only to make improbable comebacks at 3-3 for ET!? The absurd Simon own goal coming right after another Morata sitter fail, Simon's great save at 3-3 in ET, Morata's excellent goal to make it 5-3. France going from a penalty away to be 0-2 to up 2-1 in a matter of minutes, Benzema's absurd touch for the first goal, Pogba's AMAZING goal for 3-1, Seferovic's bullet header for 2-3, Pogba costing France to set up the third goal, Coman almost scoring a worldie at the end of stoppage time, the near misses of extra time, some class penalties and almost saves, all to culminate in Mbappe being the one to have the penalty saved? And I'm still probably missing out something! Seriously, what an amazing day of football.

You just know that Germany/England is going to suck now!

Boring 0-0 and we'll lose 1-0 or 2-0 in ET

That graphic clearly shows a 3-4-2-1 formation >_>

I just can't understand the team. Why would you play with absolutely no creative midfielder? Kane better come alive today or else England are in big trouble.

At least one of Foden, Grealish and Mount had to start. The fact Calvert-Lewin isn't even on the bench yet both Mings and Coady are is utterly ridiculous.

I hope Southgate proves me wrong but I fear for the game after seeing that line-up. It is absurdly negative.

If England lose this match, prepare to read all the usual post-defeat analysis:

. The team was focused too heavily on being woke to play well

. The Premier League schedule is too gruelling for England to do well at major tournaments

. The manager should drop all the overpaid, passionless prima donnas and pick lower league players instead

. The referees were biased against England because of their Brexit jealousy

39 minutes ago, FLiam said:

This team on paper looks lacking offensively. No real link between the defense and attack. Baffling selection if you ask me.

What you on about. It's clearly get the ball back to Pickford to try and smack it as far up the field as he can, mindless sidewards passing and getting hopes up when we have a corner. 

39 minutes ago, FLiam said:

This team on paper looks lacking offensively. No real link between the defense and attack. Baffling selection if you ask me.

What you on about. It's clearly get the ball back to Pickford to try and smack it as far up the field as he can, mindless sidewards passing and getting hopes up when we have a corner. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Ok...we get it....

• Haha 2