Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

Kane's doing what he always does. He was popping up all over the pitch last night. When you can't get him the ball, he goes looking for it more. We've been able to get the ball to him more...and he's scored.

Just Harry Kane things really. 

For what it's worth, this looks typically like when he plays himself back into form and fitness after an injury for Spurs. There's a few games where he looks like a shadow of a footballer, but you just have to let him play through it and he explodes. He'll be thinking Golden Boot now. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Funny how changing the way you play to stay forward more and stretch the play leads to better performances.

I think he's done it at the right time though, at 1-0 there were a couple of scares still and against Germany we could well have been punished. I suspect if we make the final we might end up reverting back to the back 5.

Edited by Colly

10 hours ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

You lot tonight had me giggling and being really into the game. Thank you again for the company. 

It's like this every week during the season in the Premier League thread. Admittedly with a little more hostility. :shifty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DanishmadePunk said:

We (Denmark) are practically playing with house money and have for a while
- Lost our most influential player. Possibly for good

- Lost 2/3 group stage matches

- Advanced nevertheless

- Advanced from a knockout game for the first time since 1998

- Advanced from a quarterfinal for the first time since 1992

- And we dont look too bad in the ongoing qualifiers either

That said we will probably not advance from the semis. But hey. I have been wrong before. 

I forgot that in 1992, it was straight from group stage to semi finals. So the last time Denmark advanced from a quarterfinal was Euro 1984 😵

26 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I've never been more conflicted over giving a like 😕

Three count on the mat with the flames returning, 25 years of HELLFIRE AND BRIMSTONE, never stopped him burning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Higher infection pressure in Russia than in Denmarkk, made it a risk to get Russians into Denmark for their group stage game.

Lower infection pressure in Denmark than in England basically means that it is less risky with a Dane at Wembley than an Englishman.

i hate bureaucracy sometimes.
but:
If the squad goes through and gets their hair done like Phil Foden if they win it all. Im all for an England victory

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

I've got a feeling Spain might upset the apple cart here tonight and nick it by a goal.

Me too, and it's making me very nervous.

Forza Azzurri, just because that seems to have worked every other time.