Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

You know, at the start of this tournament I actually didn't mind the England team. They seemed like a nice bunch of lads and I wished them the best.

But then the hype ramped up and you all started being so ... English. And fucking Lee Dixon. And the team still seem like a nice bunch of lads but I hope they are utterly humiliated in the final and everyone is miserable to such an extent they decide to never enter another international tournament.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, metalman said:

You know, at the start of this tournament I actually didn't mind the England team. They seemed like a nice bunch of lads and I wished them the best.

But then the hype ramped up and you all started being so ... English. And the team still seem like a nice bunch of lads but I hope they are utterly humiliated in the final and everyone is miserable.

Not gonna lie. There is a part of me that does want this but that's because I'm a miserable Scouse bastard and it would be funny after having "it's coming home" and Atomic Kitten rammed down your throat 

• Haha 1

But then the hype ramped up and you all started being so ... English. And fucking Lee Dixon. And the team still seem like a nice bunch of lads but I hope they are utterly humiliated in the final and everyone is miserable to such an extent they decide to never enter another international tournament.

This is why I find it hard to get behind the national team. We’re all so arrogant.

The one feel-good story of the whole tournament is every neutral getting behind Denmark, trying to win it for Erikson who almost died in their first game, and England have to go and cheat to beat them just to make themselves feel good. Bunch of bullies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, DavidMarrio said:

Not gonna lie. There is a part of me that does want this but that's because I'm a miserable Scouse bastard 

yeah this at least 50% because I'm a miserable Scottish bastard. It's a, "it's not you - - it's you AND me" kind of situation.

I would have took the semi final at the start of this tournament I feel like under Southgate this team just keeps going from strength to strength even if we don't quite win the journey from when he took over in 2016 has been amazing

2 minutes ago, Lineker said:

What the actual fuck is Sam Matterface saying!?

I believe he said it's fine for people not to go to work tomorrow because England won a semi-final, because he's a dickhead.

Jesus Christ, he's going off again. YOU HAVEN'T WON ANYTHING YET. This is exactly what @metalman is talking about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris2K said:

I believe he said it's fine for people not to go to work tomorrow because England won a semi-final, because he's a dickhead.

Jesus Christ, he's going off again. YOU HAVEN'T WON ANYTHING YET. This is exactly what @metalman is talking about.

I'm cringing harder than at Austria's celebrations. They were summarily bopped out after their raucous celebrations too.