Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

If we sign Allan and Rodriguez, which is looking extremely likely, I'll be VERY pleased with this transfer window. If we also sign Doucoure along with those two, I'm made up. If we also manage to sign a good backup keeper who can light a fire under Pickford's ass and right back cover, I'm ecstatic. I get the feeling I may end up having to settle for very pleased, though. >_>

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lineker said:

One that we were after earlier in the summer.

I know Ricardo tore his ACL or something in January, but €25 million for a RB when you have one of the best in the Prem makes no sense. Unless, of course, this is because they're preparing to sell Ricardo on a higher offer

9 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

I’d be pleased if Liverpool just did something, looking to the future is all well and good but I just want a marquee signing, I’m greedy I know.

Signing someone just to say you have spent x million on a player is very FM thinking. I have never got that. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Signing someone just to say you have spent x million on a player is very FM thinking. I have never got that. 

Newcastle fans were/are terrible for it. We bring in the likes of Cabaye or Fernandes for less than £5m and complain we don't spend money. Then we buy Joelinton.

1 minute ago, MadJack said:

if you had a coach that wasn't terrified of attacking, Joelinton would've been a big success.

If our coach had a midfield that could actually do the job and a defence that hadn't been terrified into thinking they could only play as a 5, I don't think he'd be as terrified of attacking. Also I'd be surprised if he'd have been a big success, but undoubtedly he'd have scored more goals with service.

10 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

I’d be pleased if Liverpool just did something, looking to the future is all well and good but I just want a marquee signing, I’m greedy I know.

Well we got a back up left back which is something we've needed for a while. 

We've spent a lot of money on renewing players to new contracts and sorting out the new training ground. Think certain sections of the fan base forget this and especially with income from matchdays no longer being available we have to be smart. Especially given we don't have an oligarch or an Arab state backing us 

We need a back up centre back but I'm inclined to believe he's thinking Fabinho will cover there as the 4th option. We need a back up forward which is probably our weakest area in depth as Origi/Shaqiri aren't exactly inspiring options. I'm thinking Minamino will be the backup option for Bobby. 

Only way we are getting Thiago in is if Gini goes to Barca. As much as I love Gini I feel like there would have been more movement on his new contract if we weren't seriously considering replacing him. But I don't think we're gonna spend 30mil on Thiago unless we recoup some money for Gini. 

• Like 1

Just need to get Ozil to fuck off to Qatar and we're laughing.

Reports say we've signed Gabriel Magalhães, and Auba to a new contract. With Ceballos coming back on loan, and getting Kolasinac off to Schalke, we should be in a pretty positive position for next season. Add Partey, Aouar and/or Messi and we'll be jamming.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Well we got a back up left back which is something we've needed for a while. 

We've spent a lot of money on renewing players to new contracts and sorting out the new training ground. Think certain sections of the fan base forget this and especially with income from matchdays no longer being available we have to be smart. Especially given we don't have an oligarch or an Arab state backing us 

We need a back up centre back but I'm inclined to believe he's thinking Fabinho will cover there as the 4th option. We need a back up forward which is probably our weakest area in depth as Origi/Shaqiri aren't exactly inspiring options. I'm thinking Minamino will be the backup option for Bobby. 

Only way we are getting Thiago in is if Gini goes to Barca. As much as I love Gini I feel like there would have been more movement on his new contract if we weren't seriously considering replacing him. But I don't think we're gonna spend 30mil on Thiago unless we recoup some money for Gini. 

We’re not getting Thiago unless Gini goes off our books. Grujic and Wilson, too. 

I’d still want a CB back up that isn’t Fabinho, though. When he isn’t in front of the back four the drop in quality is so apparent. Keita is fit now and hopefully continues to be, and Liverpool fans seem to have forgotten him despite him being fantastic for the last half of the season because he was injured for a lot of how long we’ve had him. Jones is a good back up if he or Henderson gets injured. Milner and Ox are there, too. CB is Gomez, VVD and Billy. Matip isn’t really a back up if he’s the one that continues to get injured, though I love him. When it’s Fabinho and TAA or Fabinho and Gomez (or god forbid if it ever happens, Fabinho and Neco) on that right side, though, I am panicked beyond belief. A proper centre forward is something we should for as well, but not as desperately as a backup CB. 

Saying all that, I would be damn excited if we got Thiago, even if it’s at the expense of Gini. The clamps he put on Neymar, goddamn it was lovely. 

19 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Ozil recently said he's staying until the end of his contract.

Cos you would, wouldn't you, if you were being paid 300k a week for a decidedly average performance the one game in 4 you get picked.

apparently a saudi club is in for him 😮

4 minutes ago, mattu29 said:

apparently a saudi club is in for him 😮

Yeah I've seen story. They're going to make him a Prince and give him an island and he'll soon be part owner of Newcastle United after PIF submit a new bid that with Ozil on board will surely pass the Prem's requirements.

(at least one of those things has actually been 'reported'.)

5 hours ago, MadJack said:

if you had a coach that wasn't terrified of attacking, Joelinton would've been a big success.

in what way?  He has never been a proven goalscorer, and Bruce played a system which was successful given the limitations he has at Newcastle from a squad and an ability to bring other players in to supplement that squad perspective, Joelinton was successful in a way which he looked every bit the player he was at Hoffenheim butplayed alongside proven goalscorer in Kramaric and a good, in form talent in Belfodil.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Ozil recently said he's staying until the end of his contract.

Cos you would, wouldn't you, if you were being paid 300k a week for a decidedly average performance the one game in 4 you get picked.

I wouldn't obviously turn it down but I'm also not already a multi millionaire. I honestly don't think he's going to be picked again this season unless its a real emergency. Even El Neny got picked the last few games over Ozil.

Aside, Gabriel has been announced today via Zoom call with David Luiz and Willian :facepalm:

• Like 1