Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

Romero to Villa and Smalling to Roma are all but confirmed. 

Thats a significant amount of wages off the books

Just now, Benjamin said:

thats a very Juve signing. I'm not sure what they are trying to achieve in Turin, doesnt appear to be much of a long term plan especially given the poor European performance etc... i would have thought they would have thought more in depth about a future identity for the playing squad outside of big names like CR7 and Luis Suarez

I look forward to the day we actually sign the players we are linked with and not piggybacked by other teams using Wilder as their own scout. **cough** Cash **cough**

1 hour ago, DFF said:

I look forward to the day we actually sign the players we are linked with and not piggybacked by other teams using Wilder as their own scout. **cough** Cash **cough**

I don’t think that Chris Wilder is the only person to have scouted Nottingham Forest.

That’s pretty much where the lower half of the league is at though (particular when it comes to strikers). Everyone is basically after the same thing, so inevitably half a dozen teams are linked with the same people.

• Like 2

What ever happened to Ryan Fraser being linked to top 6 teams? Thought he'd be a decent backup for certain teams and instead the only team he is getting linked with is Newcastle. 

That's obscene value for Partey. I said it before but if he's keen then there's no way Arsenal shouldn't be jumping at that.

If he played with a Premier League team and/or were English his price would be double that. 

The source that broke the news about Messi telling Barca he wants to leave is now saying he's 90% likely to be staying at the club.

What remains to be seen now, is whether or not he signs a contract extension, or walks away on a free next summer. I think the former is likely tbh.

He's pretty much an all around central midfielder. Doesn't operate as the furthest forward, but will get forward, as he has a bullet of a shot on him.

And being coached by Simeone for the last 5 years in a disciplined team can't have hurt him.

Like @TCO said, you could double his value if he played in the PL. I'd take him at Utd in a heartbeat, even after the VdB signing.

2 hours ago, TCO said:

That's obscene value for Partey. I said it before but if he's keen then there's no way Arsenal shouldn't be jumping at that.

If he played with a Premier League team and/or were English his price would be double that. 

I dont think there's any way we aren't all over it, its been said for a month or 2 now that Arteta sees him as his main priority target, but as always we do need to organise some sales first to fund it. Atletico have said they want Lacazette off us so I'd be really surprised if we dont end up signing Partey before long. Just a matter of moving the money around.