Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

17 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

What sort of dark timeframe is this with Ashley throwing around money like it's nothing and Everton making solid transfers. 

I don't think he ever has a problem throwing around money when he reckons he can flog that player next summer for 100% profit.

Problem is, he's about 2 (Perez & Gini) for 20 since we signed Perez in 2014. I'm fairly convinced he signed Joelinton simply because if he'd scored goals, 'young, Brazilian striker' has a baseline £50m fee.

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

I don't think he ever has a problem throwing around money when he reckons he can flog that player next summer for 100% profit.

Problem is, he's about 2 (Perez & Gini) for 20 since we signed Perez in 2014. I'm fairly convinced he signed Joelinton simply because if he'd scored goals, 'young, Brazilian striker' has a baseline £50m fee.

That's not really true though, it took until last January for him to break the £20m mark but then didn't cash in when there was talk of silly money for Lascelles and Longstaff. We've then spent shitloads on Joelinton and ASM and some reasonable amounts this summer. Trying to apply logic to Ashley's transfer dealings just doesn't work.

We have 32 players in the first team squad at the moment. I think we may be finding it difficult to shift some players. 

Torreira, Elneny, Ozil, Kolasinac, Holding and Lacazette were all tipped to leave but seemingly nobody is willing to pay their wages. Leaves us a little bloated. 

There are still rumours of Bellerin going to either PSG or Barcelona and I've heard fees as cheap as £20m touted which would be insanity. 

I genuinely think Declan Rice is absolutely bang average. I know West Ham is awful so it's sometimes can be hard to decipher where any quality might be, but their midfield was run through and passed through time and time again last season, with him as the main holding midfielder. It wasn't until Soucek arrived that their midfield improved. 

If Rice wasn't "English", he would be worth £20 million, at most.

• Like 1