Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Yeah, I want Reguilon. But not if Real are simply going to ask for him back in 2 years time. Chances are Reguilon would want the move as well, so it's a glorified 30m loan basically.

I’m kind of okay with these kinds of deals. Generally, if the bigger team wants him back, it means that the player lived up to expectations, or exceeded them. And that can only be a good thing for the team that had him for a time.

48 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

I’m kind of okay with these kinds of deals. Generally, if the bigger team wants him back, it means that the player lived up to expectations, or exceeded them. And that can only be a good thing for the team that had him for a time.

I tend to disagree. A great left back goes for 60-80 million euros nowadays. The buy back clause on this deal is much much less than that - 35-40 million. Spurs will be developing Real's player for 18 months, two years, and won't really get compensated at market value for it.

Sergio Reguilon is arguably as good a left back as Lucas Hernandez, who Bayern paid 80 million euros for, and if he does well should definitely be at his level in 2 years time. Real are taking Spurs for mugs.

Just when I thought we might be able to write-off Spurs as a threat, they go for Bale.

That's nothing massively against Spurs by the way, it just seems all the other Big Six teams seem to be on the up and have improved in some significant way in 2020, whilst Spurs were going the other way.

I hope Bale does come back because wasting his career at Madrid is no good to anyone.

25 minutes ago, Adam said:

Just when I thought we might be able to write-off Spurs as a threat, they go for Bale.

That's nothing massively against Spurs by the way, it just seems all the other Big Six teams seem to be on the up and have improved in some significant way in 2020, whilst Spurs were going the other way.

I hope Bale does come back because wasting his career at Madrid is no good to anyone.

He's had an amazing time! Gets paid a load of cash to basically play golf

27 minutes ago, Adam said:

He's had an amazing time! Gets paid a load of cash to basically play golf

Martinez to Villa is pretty much confirmed. Really good deal that

I hope Martinez excels at Villa. He gave us a genuine feel-good story at the end of such a strange season. I still think that he might actually be better than Leno, he doesn’t concede as many corners as he holds onto so much and is arguably better with the ball at his feet. 

Shame he never to be our number 1 for a sustained period of time. 

With that being said, sounds like we’ll be getting almost £20m for him plus rumours of a similar fee from Torino for Lucas Torreira which could result in seeing us go for Aouar from Lyon. 

• Like 2

Sounds like us and Palace are bidding for Brewster now. Looking at £25m + a buy back clause atm.

We've also put a fresh bid in for Arsenal's Balogun. 

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

According to The Athletic, it seems we've agreed a fee for Bayern for approximately €30mil in regard to Thiago

I only learned he is a Spanish international!

I watch so little football outside of Liverpool that I don't know anything about this guy tbh outside of seeing him linked to liverpool

2 hours ago, Nerf said:

absolutely unreal signing regardless of whether wijnaldum stays or goes

Absolutely buzzing, think it's a really good signing especially given the way they've agrees to spread the fee over the next 4 years given the current climate. 

I would be gutted if Gini goes as he has been a cracking player for us but I do think we've now got too many centre mids and if we can get a fee for him.

17 minutes ago, Hobo said:

I only learned he is a Spanish international!

I watch so little football outside of Liverpool that I don't know anything about this guy tbh outside of seeing him linked to liverpool

It's the type of signing that just adds another dimension to the midfield, especially in terms of teams who are gonna just try and pack their own third. He's pretty versatile in midfield but he'll play as one of the more advanced midfielders in the team.