Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

Different players. Jota is going to provide cover to Salah and Mane, and he's also got the ability to play the Firmino role if necessary. I can't imagine Werner was ever going to come to be second choice in any position and I get the impression that Klopp is very reluctant to mess with the front three, given how successfully they combine and compliment one another.

Timo Werner also wanted wages of at least £200k p/w, and I doubt Jota is even making half of that. I can definitely see a lot of games where if Bobby is out of the XI, Jota is wide left, and Mo and Mane switch between the right (where Mane started for us before Salah came) and central position. 

I'm not sure how Klopp was able to convince the club to spend money, but these are two crucial transfers for us. It certainly doesn't guarantee anything, especially since we still have defensive issues to sort out, but they're definitely excellent signings for us.

Agree with what you said RE Timo, but I don't know, it is pretty plausible that Jota is £100k plus, salary wise. 

Unreal scenes when y'all unveil Aston Villa's Jota instead though. Would be doing us a favour quite frankly.

Elsewhere, and in an odd one, RB Leipzig are close to signing Alexander Sorloth. Technically from Crystal Palace, they have apparently been negotiating with Trabzonspor - where Sorloth was halway through a two year loan (as per The Athletic - which continues to be excellent).

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

I do think Jota is more likely to accept being a sub at Liverpool than Werner would have.

How many league starts did he make for Wolves last year?

27 league games.

It's one of those weird signings that does seem to suit all involved - Liverpool improve their squad depth with a player who knows the league and Wolves sell someone for a good chunk of money who isn't necessarily a guaranteed starter. They've got Neto and Podence to cover Jota's absence and now have a good 35mil to spend? 

Edited by Jimmy

8 hours ago, Cymbols said:

Elsewhere, and in an odd one, RB Leipzig are close to signing Alexander Sorloth. Technically from Crystal Palace, they have apparently been negotiating with Trabzonspor - where Sorloth was halway through a two year loan (as per The Athletic - which continues to be excellent).

Yeah that's an odd one. I think the situation is that Trabzonspor have an option to buy in year two (I've seen a fee suggested of 5m because he was shite for Palace but he's been amazing in Turkey); so it would be a case of Trabzonspor exercising that and then immediately selling him on.

Yeah Sorloth has apparently turned into a star and Trabzonspor want a slice of it even though he doesn't want to be there. So it looks like they're effectively being bought out of this year's loan deal along with Palace getting a transfer fee.

Don't know what they're feeding their kids in Norway, him and Haaland must be the biggest front 2 going in a long time.