Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

I'm really, really pleased he is back in the Premier League. I'm no Spurs fan but he is a great player when fit and firing - one of the world's best - and it's always nice to see these players in English football.

Also might help Spurs keep up with the rest of the top teams because there have been some excellent signings by those top teams this summer. Only really the Manchester sides lagging now.

Latest reports suggest that Gareth Bale has suffering a hamstring tear filming his transfer announcement social media video.

• Haha 4

Bale to Spurs is a great deal for them, both on and off the pitch. I know he played for them and they gave him his big break but did no Champions League team give him a look? I would’ve thought he’d be right up United’s alley.

Reading a bit more about the Liverpool transfers, they seem to buy players how I do on football manager, got to spread those fees over five years lads.

Seems to me that Zidane didn't like that Bale had become even more successful than he ever was at the club in terms of trophies, and had an agenda against him. No wonder Bale downed tools. The fans never took to him despite being heavily involved in important moments of their history, practically winning them a couple of Champions League's. The club's treatment of him as a whole has been odd.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tigerstyle said:

Bale to Spurs is a great deal for them, both on and off the pitch. I know he played for them and they gave him his big break but did no Champions League team give him a look? I would’ve thought he’d be right up United’s alley.

A lot of teams were put off by his wages, but according to Bale's agent he was strongly in favour of going back to Spurs ahead of anyone else.

It wouldn't surprise me if he simply just wanted to go somewhere that he knew for certain that the fans would take to him. For all of the Wales, Golf, Madrid jokes, it can't be nice having your own fans giving you shit left, right and centre - especially after everything that he achieved in Spain.

• Like 4

• Admin

More on the Bale deal: 

Alasdair Gold of football.london is reporting that under the terms of the Bale deal, Tottenham will be paying roughly 40 per cent of the player's wages with Real picking up the remaining 60 per cent.

Tottenham will also have an option to make Bale's season-long stay in north London a longer one with a second season if the move proves to be the success for all parties that they hope it will.

That second season would take Bale to 2022 and the end of his Real Madrid contract, which is reportedly worth £600,000-a-week before tax.

• Admin

Our striker search could finally be over. Several reliable Dutch transfer sources have stated that we will indeed be signing Wout Weghorst from Wolfsburg. He's just started following Spurs on his social media, so there could well be more to this than the usual paper talk...