UEFA Champions League 2020/21

Lineker

An on loan Man City defender and former Liverpool goalkeeper just knocked Manchester United out of the Champions League.

Barca also managed to lose 3-0 at home, putting them in 2nd place in their group.

Another thing that just boggles my mind with this Manchester United performance. I don't think injuries played a role in any substitution and I know a change of shape happened too, but 3 of Ole's 5 changes were to bring on defenders - and not a single one can truly claim to be a regular in the side. Go for broke man. Mata or Ighalo you would've thought might make an appearance instead of throwing on the incredible attacking force of Tuanzebe, Williams, and Fosu Mensah.

I know this game is pointless but they gave an offside and then check for a penalty and gave the pen. So they didn't check that it was offside... 

I mean not to bring up old things (*cough* Kung Fu Pickford) but wtf are the rules of football anymore. That said anything after the offside doesn't matter

Tbf, I think they actually did check for offside, but it just somehow wasn't the talking point. They later showed that one of the CBs kept him onside, by of course probably 3mm.

Minamino's goal being ruled out for Mane's handball was everything that's wrong with the handball rule.

I'm guessing that Mönchengladbach is probably the sweetest pick of the 2nd-placed teams to face?

Difficult to pinpoint the obvious 'doom' draw now that PSG have topped their group. I suppose it has to be one of Atletico, Leipzig and Barcelona (people tell me Barca are falling apart but I don't trust them an inch).

12 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

I'm guessing that Mönchengladbach is probably the sweetest pick of the 2nd-placed teams to face?

Difficult to pinpoint the obvious 'doom' draw now that PSG have topped their group. I suppose it has to be one of Atletico, Leipzig and Barcelona (people tell me Barca are falling apart but I don't trust them an inch).

A falling apart Barca are better than most sides at their best.

Well, for now. Once Messi's gone it'll be a long winter for them.

Romelu Lukaku blocking a header very realistic going to score and put Inter through, while in an offside position to kill the chance off altogether, is peak Big Match Romelu Lukaku.

John Cena, he ain't.

9 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Porto or Gladbach would be the best 2nd place teams to face. 

For yourselves, Atalanta might not be bad depending what version turns up. First game they couldn't defend at all but at Anfield they were a lot better 

We've got Leipzig, City have Gladbach and Chelsea have Atletico.

It'll be a tough tie but it could have been worse a worse tie at the same time. They're a good side but they'll give away chances and they can be gotten at.