UEFA Champions League 2020/21

Lineker

31 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Alisson and his dumb fuck moustache with atrocious fucking goalkeeping.

booo! the moustache is great!

• Like 3

Don't get why the BT studio and the commentators kept going on about "well you never know at Anfield"

It's gonna be an empty stadium with the players and staffs voices echoing around it. It's a mute point

I'm glad we got a goal but it was a sucker punch to concede a third. I would have taken a 2-1 defeat. Think the ties over tbh. 

6 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Don't get why the BT studio and the commentators kept going on about "well you never know at Anfield"

It's gonna be an empty stadium with the players and staffs voices echoing around it. It's a mute point

I'm glad we got a goal but it was a sucker punch to concede a third. I would have taken a 2-1 defeat. Think the ties over tbh. 

Yeah, I think this as well. Maybe we create another Anfield miracle, but not with that empty atmosphere where we haven't won since December anyway. We'll need to score 2 goals and concede none, which is impossible with that shambles with Trent's slow recovery runs and Ali's awful goalkeeping form, it looks bleak as fuck. Even with some of the most talented midfields in the world we were absolute shite in the middle. I'll still watch, but man, hard not to feel absolute shit about that performance when I have to wake up at 3 in the morning to watch it. 

Hopefully Dortmund, Porto or Bayern take the whole thing if we produce another egg next week. 

10 hours ago, Colly said:

Dodgy as fuck. The daft thing is if Bellingham smashes it as soon as he nicks it he scores before the whistle and VAR can sort it out. Ref blows far too quickly in a clear goalscoring moment, and if VAR is going to work refs need to know not to do that.

Terrible.

13 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

I could see Liverpool scoring 2 against this Madrid team. The main concern would be whether the defence can stop Madrid from scoring. They have players that can run. Nat Phillips cannot run.

I think I've said it before in here, but Jamie Carragher and Micah Richards are so much fun to watch on the American coverage. Their back and forth banter is so refreshingly good natured I find myself laughing and being entertained by them constantly.

16 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I mean PSG are still in a great position but I may have underestimated their ability to completely Spurs things up when it comes to the CL.

Quarters are a piece of piss mate, it's the final you've really got to worry about it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Positive start so far in which Salah really should have buried a chance but Madrid starting to take the momentum out the game a bit winning some freekicks when under pressure 

Yeah, that's a really frustrating miss and it's why you see Mo Salah get the hate he gets from some people. World class player, scores loads of goals, but he also has far too many of those moments for people: the chances that elite goal scorers will finish.

But hey, Jude Bellingham, Birmingham legend, put Dortmund up!

Only negative from that half is we should be about 2/3 up. Gini missing a glorious chance and Salah has missed two big opportunities. 

Played really well and I'm starting to think we could actually do it if we can get a goal before the hour mark. So wish fans were in the crowd as I'd be there and it would be a cracking atmosphere. 

On 07/04/2021 at 17:43, Szumi - A Polack said:

I think I've said it before in here, but Jamie Carragher and Micah Richards are so much fun to watch on the American coverage. Their back and forth banter is so refreshingly good natured I find myself laughing and being entertained by them constantly.

Yeah, Jamie Carragher singing Hey Jude just now was quite a thing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Yeah, Jamie Carragher singing Hey Jude just now was quite a thing.

He's so amazing. NBCSN have definitely done a good job for the Premier League coverage, but they pale in comparison to CBS' and Carragher (and Richards) are the biggest reason why.