UEFA Champions League 2020/21

Lineker

I am disgusted by how easily I am manipulated by a fan video combining Chelsea clips with the audio of an Avengers Endgame trailer.

I was doing a good job at emotionally distancing myself from this match. Suddenly I'm actually hyped.

FUCK.

On 26/05/2021 at 16:31, Lineker said:

That's a fucking embarrassment. I know Covid restrictions and shit but I'd give my left bollock to watch my team play in the European cup final, these shit cunts can't even give it away

There's negatives to either side winning tonight as a Man Utd fan. In an ideal world a draw would mean they just let Bayern keep it for another year.

But it's still the Champions League final and I don't want to miss it in case it's a 4-4 'best final ever'.

What's the lesser of two evils for this... The team back by the dodgy oligarch or the team back by the sports washing human rights abusers. 

Think I'd rather Chelsea win purely as I feel although City will win it at some point it's the one thing they're missing and have been for a long time so delaying that is only a good thing. Plus seeing Noel Gallagher cry arsing will be funny

It's not often I'm bothered by who wins in this game anymore, since nearly all top clubs have some unsavoury element to them. That's not different this year either, but I still like to watch it.

I've put some bets on Chelsea to win so I guess I'll lean their way a bit more than City, but I just hope it is a decent game and none of the England players get injured!

The line ups honestly make me think Chelsea are going to win this. Just feels like Pep has gone with classic overthinking. No holding midfielder, Zinchenko over Cancelo. Chelsea only seem to be a goal threat on the counter, and City have set it up for Chelsea to do just that.

But as a PA native, fuck Chelsea for not starting Pulisic.

Chelsea are good value for the lead, and it has been an entertaining, open game so far.

But yeah, I do think City have set up in a way that makes it easy for Chelsea to cut through them and they are doing just that. Been some excellent defending to deny good chances as well.

15 minutes ago, damshow said:

City just got beat at their own game there. One question, I can't tell if Ederson technically had a handball on that given where he touched the ball. Obviously nothing called but man that was close. 

Feel like it would be incredibly harsh to call that deliberate handball, but who knows.

Kante, James and Chillwell have been excellent in defense. That ball from Mason Mount was fantastic, too. He’s going to be amazing for Chelsea in the next few years.

Werner missing a couple of chances continues to be hilarious, though. 

36 minutes ago, Adam said:

Chelsea are good value for the lead, and it has been an entertaining, open game so far.

But yeah, I do think City have set up in a way that makes it easy for Chelsea to cut through them and they are doing just that. Been some excellent defending to deny good chances as well.

Chelsea have got Citys number. You don't do them (possibly) three times in about a month without having something over them.