European Super League announced; collapses

Lineker

8 minutes ago, FLiam said:

I hate to imagine of the ridiculous rule changes that these lot will think up too. 

Rolling, unlimited substitutions, no games end in a draw - penalties decide every game. 

I doubt it, they'll keep everything as is to push the fact this isn't different. This is your top flight football competition, it's replacing the Champions League, it's not an alternative product.

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

I hope whatever message they fly over Elland Road is a general anti-Super League one and not a specific one aimed at Liverpool and the Super League.

Because I honestly don't think this is a time for supporters groups to be partisan.

Just now, FLiam said:

I hope not one single fan turns up to the final game of the season for these six clubs. Not one.

Already heard this suggested on The Anfield Wrap podcast today.

Occurs to me that the two extra London clubs got thrown into this mix for the same reason every US sports league has to have at least 2 teams based in or around New York City and LA.

I don't think any of these clubs are going to relocate like from Manchester to Beijing or something. But they'll use the threat of uprooting a club to guarantee they push through new megastadiums if they don't have a new one already.

lol, that one bot saying that Arsenal is scared of EuroMLS.

1 hour ago, FLiam said:

I hate to imagine of the ridiculous rule changes that these lot will think up too. 

Rolling, unlimited substitutions, no games end in a draw - penalties decide every game. 

Stoppage time turned into MULTIBALL MODE.

This is everything I hate about football (and sport/life in general). I selfishly want it to crash and burn in spectacular fashion, but for the sake of everyone affected, can we just pretend this never happened and move on.

Maybe they can compromise and find a way to create affiliate clubs for this new league without changing the existing clubs. Kind of defeats the purpose though, and I'm certain FIFA and UEFA will be extremely unhappy with anything other than whatever they dictate.

Sorry to everyone whose clubs are involved in this. Not fun news.

• Like 1

Sources within Man Utd think the PL can't survive without the big 6.

This mentality is sickening. 

"We're doing this whether you like it or not" is basically what they're saying to everyone.

I really hope that behind the scenes, players are coming together to plan a solid stance against this. Let's get a joint statement from Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Van Dijk, Fernandes, De Bruyne etc on it. The managers need to as well. Klopp said he was against this in 2019 so hopefully managers are still firmly against it too.

5 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Sources within Man Utd think the PL can't survive without the big 6.

This mentality is sickening. 

"We're doing this whether you like it or not" is basically what they're saying to everyone.

I really hope that behind the scenes, players are coming together to plan a solid stance against this. Let's get a joint statement from Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Van Dijk, Fernandes, De Bruyne etc on it. The managers need to as well. Klopp said he was against this in 2019 so hopefully managers are still firmly against it too.

Tuchel is already out there bootlicking during his conference by saying he doesn’t know enough.

30 minutes ago, Colly said:

Chelsea, Real and Man City could be out of the Champions League by Friday.

I would be very happy if this happens. Fuck the lot of them.

30 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I'd hope that means us and Arsenal are out of the Europa too.

Surely Ole and Arteta wouldn't stay quiet then.

I’d be happy with Roma in the Europa League finals too 😒

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, damshow said:

Had some downtime to retroactively award some Champions League titles to non-defectors.

The narrative now is that Valencia dominated this sport at the beginning of the 2000s.

And more importantly, Everton hold the record for most Premier League titles won at 8. :shifty: