European Super League announced; collapses

Lineker

I'm conflicted cos I was genuinely looking forward to seeing if Arsenal could get to the europa final and maybe win something to rescue this shit season but honestly how can you in good conscience allow any of these clubs to continue in that competition, or the champions league? It just gets more despicable the more you read about it.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Colly said:

Chelsea, Real and Man City could be out of the Champions League by Friday.

They should reinstate the teams they knocked out!

Oh wait ...

I think it's important to start differentiating clubs and owners here. It isn't Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United doing this. It's FSG, Kroenke and the Glazers. Fans don't want this, and if reports are to be believed, neither do players and managers. Call the cunts out outright and get them out of our game. Fan ownership is non-negotiable after this shower of shite.

• Like 7

I do feel for the players and managers for once - they're stuck in the middle. You might get some that say they want to play in it but I would guess that the vast majority have no interest in it whatsoever. I mean, they already get to play in these big games from time-to-time and every time they do it is based on merit not default. Players of all these six clubs have worked hard to get to the semi-finals of each respective competition and now face the prospect of not being allowed to continue primarily because their club owners are greedy cunts. I cannot see any player sitting back and just accepting it. 

4 hours ago, Colly said:

MK Dons showed there's nothing stopping it (unless something has been put in place since), but I don't really see it as feasible. In the US you're essentially buying a place in one of the limited places in their leagues, over here in theory (until now) the pyramid goes all the way from grassroots to the world club cup or whatever it's called, hence the purchase of Salford and their crawl up the leagues. Moving Manchester United to London is incredibly costly in terms of finding space for a stadium, especially when gate revenue is going to be bottom of the pile compared to tv money. Also I really don't think that there's enough "non legacy fans" to plus that gap, and football fans won't stand for it. Phoenix clubs would appear in the north west, and the clubs that move would go down like a lead balloon, our population (and density of football teams) is so different to that of the US.

I know this is a different sport, but London Wasps moved to Coventry to play at the Ricoh Arena... and it seems actually provide a better day out than my beloved Coventry City has done in the past... they certainly got the train station built! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Leeds laid out shirts saying "earn it" in the away dressing room.

Again, this is shite though. It's not the players that have made this decision. I get them wearing it during the warm up to send a message publicly, but that stunt bothers me. They know Liverpool can't wear them. So, what, we're trying to vilify players that have absolutely no say in any of this?

47 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Again, this is shite though. It's not the players that have made this decision. I get them wearing it during the warm up to send a message publicly, but that stunt bothers me. They know Liverpool can't wear them. So, what, we're trying to vilify players that have absolutely no say in any of this?

Yes. You’re a multi-millionaire player, what’s the worst that can happen to you if you speak out?

• Like 9

Maybe it is mind games, shithousery or what have you or maybe it's the kind of solidarity that people like Neville are asking for. If both teams are seen in those shirts, especially in one of the first games taking place with one of these teams involved, that's obviously going to send a message. And yeah, what are Liverpool going to do if they wear them? Are they going to sack Salah?

• Like 2