The Sir Alex Ferguson Thread (For Manager related news)

Baddar

1 hour ago, Bad News Jericode said:

It hardly seems the most inspiring appointment they could have made.

To be honest it really feels like they're appointing the only person who didn't say no or wasn't already at a club/moving to a new job. Conte may have been close but what we've seen come out since suggests he was making demands of the club that weren't realistic in terms of signings.

So in the latest new favourite to manage Everton chat, it appears that Rafa Benitez has had talks and looks likely to accept

7 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

So in the latest new favourite to manage Everton chat, it appears that Rafa Benitez has had talks and looks likely to accept

Sky Sports report he has been offered the job.

Unlike the usual brigade in the Everton fanbase, I am not opposed to Rafa. I've always liked him, he is a good manager and the way people talk about him here in Newcastle, you would think he was a footballing genius.

I don't think he's that, but I do think he would be a good appointment for us and I don't greatly care what he's said about his then-club rivals when he was Liverpool boss. I just want the team to succeed.

He loves the city so I'm honestly not surprised that he'd go for the job if offered it and I'd have no ill will towards him taking it. I love the guy, gave me one of the best days of my supporting life. 

On his day he can get his tactics spot on. 

I wonder if he's had some assurances over transfers.

• Like 1

Scrolling through the BBC sport page on the build up to today's euro games and there was a bit that caught my eye regarding the Everton job and someone mentioned Eddie Howe as a candidate now surely Everton should be thinking more long term, Rafa seems like a short term solution and not a fix

15 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

He loves the city so I'm honestly not surprised that he'd go for the job if offered it and I'd have no ill will towards him taking it. I love the guy, gave me one of the best days of my supporting life. 

On his day he can get his tactics spot on. 

I wonder if he's had some assurances over transfers.

Rafa should manage every Merseyside club at least once.

52 minutes ago, Dang117 said:

Scrolling through the BBC sport page on the build up to today's euro games and there was a bit that caught my eye regarding the Everton job and someone mentioned Eddie Howe as a candidate now surely Everton should be thinking more long term, Rafa seems like a short term solution and not a fix

The problem with Eddie Howe is that he's not actually that good.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Rafa should manage every Merseyside club at least once.

Rafa to Marine confirmed 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Eddie Howe would be another Martinez appointment. Play nice football but have no real backbone or driving philosophy, and suffer as a result. Plus he's an arrogant sod.

Howe is trendy, but if you look at it he really didn't progess Bournemouth once they got into the Premier League and whilst he did very well to get them there, Bournemouth outspent everyone on their way up the leagues thanks to Maxim Demin's money, doing so illegally in the Championship.

• Like 1