The Sir Alex Ferguson Thread (For Manager related news)

Baddar

The worrying thing is why is it taking fan backlash for the board to realise "oh this may not be a good appointment"

7 hours ago, Adam said:

Gennaro Gattuso would be an utterly horrible appointment. No reason to believe he would do well, and his managerial career is quite frankly a car crash. Which is no surprise for the man really.

He was sacked after 12 games at FC Sion, then 8 at Palermo. He lasted six months at OFI Crete (yep) and resigned twice, then unsuccessfully applied to be the manager of Hamilton Academical in Scotland.

Things look up from there as he takes over at Pisa and gets them promoted from Serie B, resigns immediately, changes his mind then gets them relegated bottom of Serie A with the worst attack in the league. This two year spell is the longest of his near decade-long coaching career overall.

Then, based I presume on his playing reputation, he gets the job as manager of AC Milan and keeps them underachieving in 5th/6th place in Serie A before being replaced and he ends up succeeding Carlo Ancelotti at Napoli later that year. They finish a lowly 7th but win Coppa Italia on penalties, and when they fail to reach the Champions League again the following season he is sacked.

Then he joins Fiorentina only to leave after a month of off-season due to disagreements over transfers.

I mean, if Tottenham appoint him they may as well give up. Kane won't be the only one running for the door.

Remind me to never ask you to prepare my CV. :shifty:

• Haha 11

At one point do we seriously consider @Gazzor @stokeriño as candidates for the Spurs job based off their FM exploits?

Pretty sure Stoker would still turn them down too though, unless he purposely tanked them when he got the job (well, further than they've already tanked themselves)

It's gonna end up being that security guard who lazily body searched propel entering the ground a few seasons ago 

I think I read that Zidane was waiting for the opportunity to manage France.

Valverde would be fine with me. He seems competent and not detestable. For the love of god, let this just end with someone competent and not detestable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I'd love it to be Klinsmann, sure we'd never win anything, but he was my hero when I started following football back in 1994.

To be fair, you won't win anything if he's not your manager either.

• Haha 2

The fact that you're both a placeholder manager as well as someone who won't be given the resources to win immediately has to make it one of the least attractive jobs in Europe. Spurs need a rebuild, and rebuilds are totally fine overall. But as a manager you want to be assured you can see the rebuild through and the Spurs job is absolutely not one where you'll have that chance.