The Emirates FA Cup 2021/22

Lineker

44 minutes ago, Colly said:

I'll be honest, I do think it's a bit lame, especially if the booing continued through Abide With Me. But to suggest taking "necessary action" is pathetic, especially when they've already condoned booing players who take the knee.

It's not lame to a lot of people when it's more of an anti-establishment stance especially considereding the establishment wanted a managed decline of the area, Hillsborough cover up, ongoing fight for justice, getting little support from the Tory government for years so having to source EU Funding instead, food poverty due to the establishment etc etc etc. 

I've booed the anthem when I've been to Wembley and I'll continue to do so. It's been going on since the 80s anyway 

• Like 1

That's all fine, and I absolutely agree that all of those things are shite (fucking hell, I live in Teesside, managed decline barely covers it between mining and the chemical industry), but I don't see how that equates to booing a hymn.

• Like 1

Why the fuck are we singing God save the Queen and fucking hymns in 2022 anyway? I don't know if I'd care enough to boo but I wouldn't sing it. I can just about tolerate it for England matches but even then I'd rather we sang something a bit less shit - Iron Maiden perhaps.

Don't give a toss about William tbf, he seems alright but I don't see why he needs to be there either.