The Emirates FA Cup 2022/23

Lineker

Away to Deadpool FC in the next round. Looking foward to being on disney+ next year.

• Haha 1

Solid win with good performances by Elliott and Bajcetic. Think Elliott and Keita set the press well. Also Ben Doak always looks impressive whenever he comes on. 

Although we didn't look spectacular it was promising to see us getting the basics right. I wouldn't mind seeing Bajcetic have an extended run in the team. 

• Like 2

Big Willy style!

Much later edit: Granted we were playing a Championship team, and one in poor form at that, but can't complain at a big victory like that. It's encouraging to see Bamford amongst the goals again and Gnonto's continued form, even if Lee Dixon seemed overly keen on downplaying it.

3 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

That Gnoto volley to score 30 seconds into the match was sensational 

And thousands of us missed it because people seemingly were struggling to get in to the kop and the east stand, we were sat below the Cardiff fans in the west but roadworks delayed our coach and then they sectioned off half way down the west stand so we had to run all the way around the stadium. Madness.

2 hours ago, King Ellis said:

Big Willy style!

Much later edit: Granted we were playing a Championship team, and one in poor form at that, but can't complain at a big victory like that. It's encouraging to see Bamford amongst the goals again and Gnonto's continued form, even if Lee Dixon seemed overly keen on downplaying it.

Defensively we're still worrying but at least we looked good going forward. Let's see how we do against Brentford though.

• 2 weeks later...

Meh.

Main takeaway is that the drop-off from Partey and Xhaka is far too big. 

Lokonga is absolutely nowhere near the level required. He looks as though he can’t be bothered half the time. His mentality to succeed at the highlight level seems non-existent to me. 

He’s the only player in the squad that I would happily see shipped out.

• Like 1

The fact that we hanged with our B team against them and arguably had the better chances is by far a positive sign, but I'm still gutted to be going out of the cup.

3 minutes ago, FestiveJack said:

How does first and second in the Premier League serve up possibly the most boring game of football I've ever seen?

Devil’s advocate but it technically wasn’t, especially from our team selection. 

The league games I imagine will be a totally different prospect.