The Emirates FA Cup 2022/23

Lineker

Fortunate on the handball for me, sets the whole move going. I doubt it'd be given as a penalty in the box, but a pretty clear free kick of the ref sees it.

It'll be a real shame if this Brighton side starts to get picked to bits like Southampton did a few years back, they've got such a good young side, and hopefully the emergence of Ferguson will mean Trossard moving won't hurt them too much. That midfield with Mitoma finally getting regular starts and March having a good run recently is excellent, and that's without mentioning their World Cup winner.

5 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Clive saying VAR can't get involved but surely they can if it's a possible red? Or is that strictly for violent conduct challenges?

VAR looked. And somehow decided that a yellow was correct. Absolutely shocking, lunging with studs nowhere near the ball, and clearly enough force to injure.

Just now, Colly said:

VAR looked. And somehow decided that a yellow was correct. Absolutely shocking, lunging with studs nowhere near the ball, and clearly enough force to injure.

I was referring to the last man challenge from Konate on MacAllister. Definitely a foul.

Brilliant finish that. Absolutely sold Gomez with the first touch. 

A much better performance then last time we played Brighton. Think losing is a bit harsh as a draw is a fair result. 

Don't know how Fabinho didn't get a red card 

Positive is I don't have to pay for a replay ticket now.... 

1 minute ago, Lineker said:

At least Liverpool can concentrate on the league now.

Gonna win the Champions League and finish 9th. Cert. 

Fucking hell, Mitoma is class. That second touch is outstanding. 

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

I was referring to the last man challenge from Konate on MacAllister. Definitely a foul.

Ah, I'm flicking between the Rumble and this. I think VAR could advise if the foul is given but the red isn't, but I don't think they can give a foul outside the area. Could be massively wrong, but I never doubt Clive.

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

Brilliant finish that. Absolutely sold Gomez with the first touch. 

A much better performance then last time we played Brighton. Think losing is a bit harsh as a draw is a fair result. 

Don't know how Fabinho didn't get a red card 

Positive is I don't have to pay for a replay ticket now.... 

Gonna win the Champions League and finish 9th. Cert. 

I'm glad that it didn't go to a replay. The last thing this some of these players need is more football. 

Nor did I particularly like the idea of having to watch Liverpool play Wolves again and then Brighton again

I mean to be fair it needed 1 incredibly generous application of the offside rule and a VAR failure to get you the Wolves replay, to get another one today after dodging 2.5 red cards would have been ludicrous.

Anyway, I don't know what @Matt is complaining all the time for, look how good Leeds are at putting rubbish in the bin.

I have no idea why that says the image is potentially sensitive content...