The Emirates FA Cup 2022/23

Lineker

• 2 weeks later...

The stand should be knocked down/rebuilt.  Its still a death trap and will continue to be a death trap

• Like 3

Fulham have threw that away completely. Just absolute stupidity. Better team up until that penalty then Mitrovic decides to touch the ref and just kills any chance. 

The frustrating thing is consistency as Fernandes did that to the linesman against us and nothing happened. 

I think Brighton could look at United's performance today and feel like they could win the semi. 

This is going to be rambling and miles away from the Laws of the Game, but I felt a bit sorry for Willian. It's absolutely a handball and a penalty, but the red card feels really double jeopardy when his arm is only really going up because his knee is as part of the attempt to block the ball legally? Like I don't think it actually is a deliberate handball, but not to the extent of it not being a penalty. Which makes no sense so leave me to my thoughts...

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

Fuck off Mitrovic, enjoy your ban.

Seems mean. :(

1 hour ago, Colly said:

This is going to be rambling and miles away from the Laws of the Game, but I felt a bit sorry for Willian. It's absolutely a handball and a penalty, but the red card feels really double jeopardy when his arm is only really going up because his knee is as part of the attempt to block the ball legally? Like I don't think it actually is a deliberate handball, but not to the extent of it not being a penalty. Which makes no sense so leave me to my thoughts...

I felt like the red was harsh when I saw it but I don't know if that is me being biased. Felt to me like a pen was enough but Willian kinda just accepted it? There was the one for us against Bournemouth and it was just a pen, no card and that was fair. 

It pretty much killed the game that decision to send Willian off. 

Willian has to go, he has stopped a goal on the line with his arm. It's a clear dismissal in the laws. Mitrovic probably deserves an extended ban too, but I wouldn't say to the tune of 10 games or whatever. Utterly ridiculous of him.

Marco Silva has had discipline issues with himself all season, nevermind his team. That has cost them dear today.

7 hours ago, Colly said:

Nah, definitely not intentional, but he lies after the fact trying to say it his his mid-riff. Silva interrupting the VAR check and Mitrovic being an idiot really sealed that for United. Can't believe Mitrovic, they were still in the game even with 10-men and no manager.

• 1 month later...