The Emirates FA Cup 2021/22

Lineker

5 hours ago, MadJack said:

The handball rule is bullshit, but there's no excuse for not winning that in normal time.

I don't have an issue with the way they changed it. Once he didn't score it himself, I knew it wouldn't be ruled out.

The issue was that Anthony Taylor didn't spot his handball in the first place and call it. I'm not having that it was just "accidental" as there's no way a defender gets away with it in that situation.

But yes, we missed far too many chances. Good ones as well.

The law would need a rewrite though for that to apply, once it's hit Watmore's foot the "unnatural position" basically goes out the window, and the law says nothing about gaining an advantage.

As you say the move from "any accidental handball in the buildup rules out a goal" from last season is a good thing as too many fine goals were disallowed, but it's possibly time to consider the "advantage" factor. Does add one more thing for refs to think about though, and they're struggling with what they have already...