The Emirates FA Cup 2021/22

Lineker

I've had a few gins, but imo Klopp goes into the mount rushmore of football managers. Just all round nice bloke who happens to be an absolute football genius, but also incredibly humble at the same time.

I'm a Cardiff fan so completely neutral. But Klopp is what all modern day football manager should live up to. Now let me go and pour myself another gin.

44 minutes ago, Pogue Mahone said:

I've had a few gins, but imo Klopp goes into the mount rushmore of football managers. Just all round nice bloke who happens to be an absolute football genius, but also incredibly humble at the same time.

I'm a Cardiff fan so completely neutral. But Klopp is what all modern day football manager should live up to. Now let me go and pour myself another gin.

Well except when he's whingy and annoying, but I suppose that's all managers.

Getttinnnnnn!!!! Absolutely demolished them the first half. 3-2 flattered them. 

Also their fans can get fucked for booing and chanting during the minutes silence for Hillsborough. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Colly said:

Well except when he's whingy and annoying, but I suppose that's all managers.

Yeah absolutely. Show me a manager that doesnt whine.

12 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Also their fans can get fucked for booing and chanting during the minutes silence for Hillsborough. 

Think demolished is a bit strong considering the 2nd goal was an utter farce.

But agreed - booing any memorial, especially a memorial for 97 people, is peak cunt. Fuck the lot of them.

EDIT: If you want to despair at humanity, go have a look at the Man City forums. Jesus.

Edited by Pogue Mahone

• Admin
4 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Glad you had a good day out!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

We really tried to let that slip

i didn't really see this tbh

I'd be more inclined to say 3-2 flatters Man City a little.

3 hours ago, Hobo said:

Agree. It's the reverse of last week essentially

I'm so glad the match was Saturday as I'm so tired today. Getting down the traffic was sound but unfortunately there was a big accident on the M6 by Birmingham so was stuck in traffic that didn't move for 90 mins

4 hours ago, Hobo said:

I literally only meant in the last few minutes after they got that second goal out of nowhere! They turned the pressure on and I honestly thought we might give up a third. For almost the entire second half we were in cruise control.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I guess the FA Cup Final is today. The 2012 FA Cup Final was the last football match I watched with people! As I watched it in a pub with my ex-girlfriend's stepfather and I think his son was also there.

I don't think I have watched one since. At least not in full. I think I watched the one where Wigan won.

I'm not going to say I forgot it was on but the fact it is happening didn't really register with me. I remember watching coverage of the 2012 final on TV before I went to the aforementioned pub viewing. I vividly remember watching the 2001 final.

i even watched and re-watched the 1992 FA Cup Final for a bit when I was younger and getting into football as my brother had taped the entire thing. Including a good chunk of the buildup.

Maybe it is that the season is still on. Maybe it's that he FA Cup just doesn't matter as much anymore because there's just so much football now.

I feel the atmosphere in Liverpool is probably more on the Champions League final, outside shot of the title and then today. 

Pretty much the whole of town is booked for the Champions League final. 

I'd be proper up for this if I had a ticket but ATM it just feels like a normal game. I imagine come kick off it'll feel completely different. 

ESPN doesn't have Premier League rights over here but they do have the FA Cup. In between NBA playoff games they've been going mad advertising it for today. And it's created a pretty cool day of sports with this and three (!!!) Game 7's in the NHL. 

But I still don't think a lot of Americans register the difference between this and the Premier League and the League Cup, etc. And I can't envision outside of Chelsea and Liverpool fans many people care.

The fact that Sky don't have it is a major reason. It basically gets a passing mention whereas they'd be hyping the hell out of it if they had the rights. Even the champions league doesn't get anywhere near the coverage it did when Sky had it.

There's also the fact that it's not special any more. The semi finals are at Wembley so there's no draw there and the champions league being 4 places and so lucrative means that the fourth place trophy is more important than the FA cup.

• Like 2