The Emirates FA Cup 2022/23

Lineker

• Admin

This season’s FA Cup final between Manchester City and Manchester United will kick off at the traditional time of 3pm, the Football Association has confirmed.

The encounter on 3 June is the first Manchester derby FA Cup final in the competition’s 151-year history, which has led to the Metropolitan police deeming it a high-risk match and, therefore, insisting it starts no later than 4.45pm.

The FA confirmed on Wednesday that it will kick off at 3pm, the first time the final has done so 2011. It also revealed the winners would receive £2m in prize money, with the losing finalists banking £1m.

ITV’s coverage of the final will be immediately preceded by the Derby from Epsom. The race will start at 1.30pm, with coverage starting at 12.30pm and FA Cup final buildup starting at 2.15pm.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm not surprised the pen is given but that's because the current rule for handball is stupid. Not sure what Grealish is meant to do there. 

• Like 2

I see the argument but it's not as if he's raising his arm for the jump, he's practically back on the ground as his arm goes high to the ball. Definitely seen worse examples.

The only reason that's slightly debatable is because of how close he is to AWB but if your arms are waving in the box like that and you can never concede a pen from it, everyone would do it.

If they change that law we'll get Lingard and Pogba back and they can just tiktok dance around our box with no consequences.

AWB getting booked and Silva not, was a pisstake too.

That was a definite penalty for me. He wasn't using his arms to propel himself or for leverage...it was just up in the air. You can jump without doing what he did.

As I was posting this, Man City scored, so...all a bit moot.

I have no idea how that crept in. DDG saw it late, but he should've saved that one, eh?

No matter what, Gundogan. What a player.

ETH needs to sub off Fred pretty quick or he's going to get himself sent off.