General Gaming Thread - 2022

RPS

20 hours ago, RPS said:

Wordle is lovely. I beat today's puzzle with no cheating.

Two days in a row. 👏👏👏👏👏

also posted this in pens and papers but just in case

I had totally forgotten Horizon was out so soon, and before that Dying Light 2 is even sooner.

I just finished Guardians and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was planning on starting Control next but not sure if I wanna get invested in anything before those big 2 come out.

• Like 1

FI1MTghXEA4qa4W?format=jpg&name=small

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/01/2022 at 15:39, RPS said:

Anyone into retro consoles? 

To an extent, yeah - I have a modded Mega Drive Mini and a Mini NES, and just ordered a Raspberry Pi retro kit thing. 

If I were a bit more tech-savvy, and had a better idea of how to get old consoles to work on newer TVs, I'd be cultivating a collection of old consoles. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OMGATBusinessman said:

Depending on the definition of "retro", eyeing a fatboye PS2 to start.

I cried when mine started dying and I had to trade it in for a slim - i think I was at least 17 if not older 

13 hours ago, OMGATBusinessman said:

Depending on the definition of "retro", eyeing a fatboye PS2 to start.

I presume backwards compatible with the PS1? 

I've fell into the thing of not finishing my backlog of stuff and instead only playing either sports games for a bit or Call of Duty. 

Got some good stuff to play as well! 

Team17, the makers of the Worms games, announced like.. Sunday? Monday? that they were launching a "MetaWorms" NFT project.

They originally announced it without telling any of their partners and most of their team members. It was supposed to be an "eco-friendly" NFT scheme that sent some of its proceeds to a scheme called the Refeed Farms project. What would be more eco-friendly would be to not do it at all.