General Gaming Thread - 2022

RPS

From what I've read, that's more or less the truth. Naughty Dog weren't ready to work on a new project and so used this one to get their staff used to working with the PS5.

It's going to be full price, which is both predictable and sad.

Of course it’s full price, it’s a complete remake of the first game in the TLOU2 engine with PS5 features. And includes the Left Behind game.

And according to rumors, besides the TLOU Factions 2 game, they’re working on an original IP as well.

I like the last of the us and think the game looks beautiful, I just don't know if can justify buying it again, as there won't be an upgrade option because they've built it from the ground up. I say this now, then come September I will be purchasing it regardless

5 minutes ago, Dang117 said:

Has anyone picked up The Quarry yet? I'm interested and intrigued by it because I liked Until Dawn and wondering if it's worth getting or waiting till it drops down in price

Mate of mine got it because he loved Until Dawn (and also liked the Dark Pictures Anthology, but a little less), and survey so far is that the game is definitely fun and hits all the right beats that Until Dawn did, but at the same time it doesn't really captivate them as much as UD did for them, partly the story itself and partly the characters in it.

But as a whole it's a fun game, and YMMV on whether you'll like the story more than UD since i've heard opinions go both ways on it.

ACG also did a review on it and noted that it's quite heavy on bugs, and again YMMV on how those will affect your enjoyment. They did note there's quite a bit of replayability in how the story changes depending on who lives and dies and what choices are made throughout.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daddy Magic JasonM said:

Mate of mine got it because he loved Until Dawn (and also liked the Dark Pictures Anthology, but a little less), and survey so far is that the game is definitely fun and hits all the right beats that Until Dawn did, but at the same time it doesn't really captivate them as much as UD did for them, partly the story itself and partly the characters in it.

But as a whole it's a fun game, and YMMV on whether you'll like the story more than UD since i've heard opinions go both ways on it.

ACG also did a review on it and noted that it's quite heavy on bugs, and again YMMV on how those will affect your enjoyment. They did note there's quite a bit of replayability in how the story changes depending on who lives and dies and what choices are made throughout.

Any input on Man of Medan?

9 hours ago, Dang117 said:

Has anyone picked up The Quarry yet? I'm interested and intrigued by it because I liked Until Dawn and wondering if it's worth getting or waiting till it drops down in price

We're about 2-3 hours in, which reviewers have complained about being the slower portion of the game, but we've enjoyed it.

I definitely understand the complaints when it comes to the camera/movement when you're in control of the characters. But there has been two patch updates since we last loaded up on Saturday so I'm not sure if that has/will get addressed at all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Krabby said:

Any input on Man of Medan?

General opinion was that it's fun and interesting, but too short a story compared to UD/TQ (which themselves aren't exactly the longest games). It and the rest of the Dark Anthology are more so a case of giving you multiple smaller stories with a different cast every time, rather than one bigger story like you got with Until Dawn and you have with The Quarry.

If you can find the bundle of the three released TDA games around $30-40 then that'll give you a good amount of fun, but dropping 30 bucks on a singular title in that series is a bit too much in my opinion.

• Like 1

It was long suspected to have been the case but Tony Hawk finally confirmed a few days ago that there was going to be a THPS 3 + 4 remake but those plans were scrapped when Activision decided to fold Vicarious Visions into Blizzard.

Furthermore, apparently Activision floated the franchise out to other studios and developers who might've been interested in taking the project on but they didn't like what they heard, so unfortunately it's gonna remain in mothballs.  If there's another THPS game it's probably years away.

A bit of a gut punch as while THPS 1 + 2 was a beautifully done remaster that got rave reviews, THPS 3 is what made me fall in love with the series and I was loving the idea of playing it again.  The one downside to the remaster, it dropped in early September 2020 yet by the time I got it on Christmas 2020 it felt like online play was already dead.

• Sad 1