General Gaming Thread - 2022

RPS

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

Also has anyone heard anything positive about this years Madden? I've been wanting to give Madden another shot but not if it hasn't improved any

New passing mechanic looks like it has a learning curve to it, but can result in big plays and better ball placement if mastered.  They've made a lot of things less animation based, passing, rushing, tackling, to allow for more player control over all of it.  Reaction to the beta was mostly mixed but leaned fairly positive.

Only change to franchise is a revamped free agency system, no telling if that will work.   The career mode Face of the Franchise has changed it so that you start as a 5th year player signing with a new team, rather than a high school or college player, and its been reworked with a focus on letting you play more games, quicker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 05/08/2022 at 21:54, Chris2K said:

I can't stop playing PowerWash Simulator, and I don't even understand why I like it so much.

This obsession continues, to the point I've had dreams about it, and in real life I am looking at things like mossy roofs and thinking "that needs a power wash".

• Haha 2

Rumbleverse, Epic's wrestling themed battle royale F2P game, launches tomorrow. I'm actually pretty hyped about it, but I like (No Build) Fortnite a lot, so I'm a bit bias. Watching some streamers play it for the last few weeks has made me want it even more. Since WWE is slowly creeping into Fortnite (Rock & Cena are already in it), I hope they can work with AEW on this one - probably won't happen, but I can dream. But either way - this game is just begging for actual licensed IP from the wrestling world.

• Like 1

I tried it out last week, but it's a little to Super Smash Bros for me. I'm not good at that game at all (or fighters like Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter, actually) which is why I'm excited for a straight up melee brawler like Rumbleverse. God help me if I DID like Multiversus, though. I already have battle passes/subscriptions to Fortnite and Nakara, and now most likely Rumbleverse.

Which, actually, Nakara: Bladepoint is good fun too. I just wish it was on Playstation, but whatever. It's why I have an Xbox, for games I can't play on Playstation (or that are only on PC/Xbox).

• Like 1

In between powerwashing I've been playing Two Point Campus. It seems a lot more complicated than Two Point Hospital, yet also feels like you're not able to do as much. I'm not sure how that's possible, but it could be I'm playing it wrong.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dang117 said:

Has anyone tried Multiverses? It's free to play and the thought off playing as Super Sayian Shaggy is intriguing

I've played it a decent amount. It's the most I've enjoyed a Smash-like, probably, give or take Rivals of Aether. There's not as many attack options as Smash but I still find it fun to play and I think unlike the Nickelodeon one of these, there's a lot of personality to the characters that feels true to the characters (though Shaggy is like 66% actual character/33% "what if Shaggy was a DBZ character" meme, which is probably the right balance) as opposed to voice lines just being grafted in long after the game was originally made. I like the focus on 2v2, too, that's a great way to differentiate it.

• Like 2

I *loved* Far Cry 5. Not so much any of the other numbered entries, though. Joseph Seed is a great villain, IMO maybe the best of the entire franchise (sorry Vaas). I really want to play New Dawn, I haven't gotten around to it yet though.

The only DLC I played from the game was the Zombies one, and it was... okay, I guess. None of the DLC has anything to do with the main story (well, the ending to the one I played kind of does - but it's nothing important). One is about a zombie movie filmed by a director, one is a Vietnam campaign, and the other is a space story.

• Thanks 1

Joseph Seed stole the show in the opening minutes of the game when I did get a chance to play it a while back. The opening scene was very a tense confrontation with going into the compound of the cult and hearing the creepy singing happening around you that added a sense of dread to it all. 

Always liked the Far Cry series since Far Cry 2. Not had much playtime on 5. Which is sad. So shall progress some more into it. Thank you for the responses much appreciated are the thoughts given from you both. 

On 09/08/2022 at 09:27, Your Mom said:

Also has anyone heard anything positive about this years Madden? I've been wanting to give Madden another shot but not if it hasn't improved any

If you've got Gamepass you can download the 10 hour trial now.  It's kind of hidden away though, search Madden 23 in the store, pick the first one that comes up, then scroll down to whats in this bundle and select the first thing there, then you'll have the option to download the trial.  Just remember to exit and close the game when you finish each time, or it will burn through your 10 hours quick.

New passing mechanic if fun, rushing feels much more fluid.

• Thanks 1