General Gaming Thread - 2022

RPS

1 hour ago, RPS said:

What is the best RPG available on the Switch?

Do you have a preference for a particular combat style? Fire Emblem: Three Houses is an excellent tactical game and Octopath Traveler has good traditional turn-based combat. Dragon Quest XI, Shin Megami Tensei V and Bravely Default 2 are some of the popular JRPGs on the platform. Also, Persona 5 is coming to Switch soon and that's a good time.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2022 at 06:25, TheGrandAvatar said:

First Animal In Space was achieved. But pesky China beat me to the first Lunar mission which would have been a rotation of the moon and sending signals back. I aim to beat them to the first human in space once locking down satellite images and sending a Chimpanzee up there. 

Failed the first human in space mission. Was behind in the race for it too for most of it. Although my astronaut died in the attempt. Game is really interesting and fun to play. Still learning everytime I load it up. Getting to grips with the understanding of everything slowly. Jolly lot of fun. Look at the chimp.

20220917_003706.jpg

45 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Do you have a preference for a particular combat style? Fire Emblem: Three Houses is an excellent tactical game and Octopath Traveler has good traditional turn-based combat. Dragon Quest XI, Shin Megami Tensei V and Bravely Default 2 are some of the popular JRPGs on the platform. Also, Persona 5 is coming to Switch soon and that's a good time.

For me, Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default 2, Fire Emblem and soon Persona 5 will be the best ones. System sellers right there.

• Like 1

I've played and beaten SMT V earlier this year if you have any questions there.

I'd put it number 2-3 on my list of Switch RPG recommendations. Dragon Quest XI is my clear number one. Fantastic game, possibly the best entry in that entire series. Just something magical about Akira Toriyama's art style makes me feel so good.

SMT III is amazing and definitely something to get. Haven't played V

29 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I have not. From what I've heard, they are more difficult/hardcore than the Persona games. More of a dungeon crawler, less big on story? But I could be mistaken. 

This is exactly the case. Much less borrowed from visual novels in the SMT games. Almost exclusively focused on dungeons.

2 hours ago, damhausen said:

This is exactly the case. Much less borrowed from visual novels in the SMT games. Almost exclusively focused on dungeons.

And they are BONKERS tough. If you're unprepared you can easily get one-shotted before your first turn.

I noticed what one of the vehicle decals was on Saints Row and felt inspired...

(Spoilered for size)

Spoiler

Come to the USS Intrepid in the next 15 minutes if you want to get your ass body slammed

qGMkl38.png

Hero
I'll be your hero

https://i.imgur.com/ZmUsuEY.png

Day dreaming of winning the main event of Summerslam...by count out

La2bK9n.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm giving up on Tiny Tina Wonderlands. It just feels like a generic shooter. I wanted to get it for all the D&D tropes, but I can't hear anything because the sound mixing is so bad. Probably better with friends, but not worth it solo.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Been powering through Far Cry 6, about 80% of the way through the story I'd say.

It's definitely my favourite one. There's some good characters, including the player character being fully voiced. The huge map/setting is great too, but I'd agree that it's not a game that would sway people who weren't previously a fan of the series.

• Like 2

Is no one making a FIFA 23 thread or does someone want me to do it?! Just got me wondering if anyone is still pumping EA with money on their yearly cash cow. Have it installed and need to find time to give it a test out.

Watched some career mode from ChesnoidGaming along with Nep for the yearly RTG. Gameplay seems better on next generation consoles. Graphics are nicer as well.