General Gaming Thread - 2022

RPS

Played 2 online FUT games this morning. Won both 5-1. Like I've never been away. 😉

I also played a squad battles match. The AI sure does love to dance around with the ball on Legendary. Won the game 2-1 anyway so should secure some rewards even if that's the only match I end up playing.

I do like the new power shot. Satisfying when it comes off, which was the case in that last game with Valverde smashing one in from 25 yards to score the winner.

I'm really not fussed about the childish things they've added since I last played though like the cartoony tifos, stadium themes and coloured pitch lines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Played 2 online FUT games this morning. Won both 5-1. Like I've never been away. 😉

I also played a squad battles match. The AI sure does love to dance around with the ball on Legendary. Won the game 2-1 anyway so should secure some rewards even if that's the only match I end up playing.

I do like the new power shot. Satisfying when it comes off, which was the case in that last game with Valverde smashing one in from 25 yards to score the winner.

I'm really not fussed about the childish things they've added since I last played though like the cartoony tifos, stadium themes and coloured pitch lines.

Want an invite to the Pro Club? :P

I've downloaded the trial because I didn't play enough last year to justify an immediate purchase, but I also feel like I'm going to get it at some point because I don't want my 20+ year streak to end on the last FIFA title.

Skipped all the tutorials and started FUT straight away (which probably wasn't smart, but I'm on a timer here), Italy based as usual, and it's as if the game knows it's running a tribute as it gave me Buffon in my first pack who was my goalkeeper for over a decade, and Antonio Candreva who scored a 90th minute winner for me when I won my first and only online tournament. Changed my team name to Army Ants 15, so if you're wondering how old FUT is now, it's 15.

I got some free packs but quick sold almost all of them immediately to get the money to fill out the rest of the team, highlighted by Vlaovic.

Played a squad battle game against the weakest team on World Class and went into half-time 4-3 up, partially because I forgot how to defend in FIFA and it turns out using the defend buttons for NBA2K doesn't work too well. Finished 8-4, Candreva hat-trick, loan player Son scoring twice and various other scorers.

Got back to the menu to see 23 completed objectives, 16 of which were stadium/tifo related which was more than a little annoying.

I'll try career mode later, hopefully it's got a bit more depth than usual.

• Like 1

Mars Horizon has fast become a fun game to idle away a few hours building rockets and bases. NASA saved crashed too often. But was near enough ready to reach Mars for a crew landing. Had done the Lunar landings and set up space stations. Anyway played as Soviets and my god cursed. A lot of deaths and blown up rockets along with technology failing in space. Decided then to go for cheaper material. Will give NASA another outing. 

• Like 1

ss_25cdb531d9a25d480799a17db32c149a289c812a.1920x1080.jpga5fgK9428EwVEy2FGiUXoG.png

On 03/10/2022 at 20:53, TheGrandAvatar said:

Mars Horizon has fast become a fun game to idle away. A lot of deaths and blown up rockets along with technology failing in space. 

20 Astronauts KIA. (Over several playthrougths.) 5 dogs lost in space. 3 Monkey's. 20 Blown up Rockets. 

I'm wondering if I'm going to get to Mars at all with the game. Because for some reason it crashes quite a lot after certain events. This might be a problem with my PS4. But it is fun. Often play it if I can't sleep with painsomnia or need to relax. 

Enjoy the base building and researching all sorts of new technology to get further into space. The research trees and mission page's I'm often lost in while reading about the real Space Race through their database on the game. 

Know very little on Rocket engineering or building. So learning about payloads and how boosters work is something I've taken away from the game and tried to read on Wikipedia the last few week's. Along with the mission's that several countries tried and succeed at or failed in. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I got that in Forza Horizon 5. I was playing in performance for the longest time and thought I'd try the graphics mode out of curiosity and, oof, that felt like a big difference.

1 minute ago, King Ellis said:

Yeah, I got that in Forza Horizon 5. I was playing in performance for the longest time and thought I'd try the graphics mode out of curiosity and, oof, that felt like a big difference.

I did that with Miles Morales. 

A dev from Rocksteady on Twitter is blaming the lack of 60fps on the Series S, of all things. He called it a potato and it's hamstringing an entire generation of games because "Microsoft won't let you launch on one console and not the other".