General Gaming Thread - 2022

RPS

We've been playing the hell out of it here as well - so many great quality of life improvements that Animal Crossing should have been doing by now, it's actually impressive.

But yeah to @RPS's point - it feels like it's really a lot more for the Stardew Valley crowd of young adults/adults wanting to play something to de-stress. It even has the same "man, the city kind of sucks" opening that SV has.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RPS said:

You know what is insane to me? 

Why is there so much written text? I know, money and development time. But if ever a game needed it, it was this one. I would be all in for this game for my daughter (6) but I'm not reading every screen for her.

I do wonder if that'll be brought in at some point. Probably not, as focus will be on bringing more characters in instead of getting the existing ones voiced, but yeah, it's a bit of an oversight for the much younger players.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I do wonder if that'll be brought in at some point. Probably not, as focus will be on bringing more characters in instead of getting the existing ones voiced, but yeah, it's a bit of an oversight for the much younger players.

I'll have to play more with her to see if there are audio / visual cues for what you are supposed to do in lieu of reading. 

I just got her to test it, and even though there's a lot of dialogue, if you have a quest active you can literally have a light to direct you to where the objective/character is. So being able to read what's being said is helpful but not always essential from the looks of it.

Thinking about the fact that you could put the SmackDown vs Raw 2009 roster into the Legends of WrestleMania game. That was such a cool feature, what other games could you have such dream matches as Snitsky vs. Festus!?

It would've been better if you could do it the other way around, though, and get the Legends of WrestleMania roster into SvR 09 because I just don't like the Legends game much at all.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Owen said:

Thinking about the fact that you could put the SmackDown vs Raw 2009 roster into the Legends of WrestleMania game. That was such a cool feature, what other games could you have such dream matches as Snitsky vs. Festus!?

It would've been better if you could do it the other way around, though, and get the Legends of WrestleMania roster into SvR 09 because I just don't like the Legends game much at all.

Think there was a rather hacky way to import the other way around at a point.

While being deathly unwell with that pesky virus. Got a few hours to myself to play this. Very relaxing soundtrack and slow pace of the game. Enjoyed learning about the history of space travel, building parts, and setting up missions. Looking forward to having a proper go on it when I'm not unwell or overwhelmed. Who would have thought space travel and it's history is so fun to learn and playthrough. 

20220912_210414.jpg

• Like 2

After going back to Forza Horizon 5 and realising it's still a poorly optimised mess on PC (it was fine for a month or two after release but an update seemed to affect performance), I decided to finally play Wreckfest again. What a great game that is.

There's plenty to do between the game's Career mode, plus the Tournament mode where you play for 'fame' points to unlock some of the best/whacky vehicles. And then of course there's Multiplayer but I don't really play that too much.

It is nice to play a game by a relatively small studio and it look absolutely stunning even when the screen gets really busy, at over 120fps more often than not too. FH5 on the other hand stutters and dips to below 30fps at times. I imagine the main series runs a little better though as it isn't rendering so much at once.

• Like 2

On 12/09/2022 at 21:05, TheGrandAvatar said:

While being deathly unwell with that pesky virus. Got a few hours to myself to play this. Very relaxing soundtrack and slow pace of the game. Enjoyed learning about the history of space travel, building parts, and setting up missions. Looking forward to having a proper go on it when I'm not unwell or overwhelmed. Who would have thought space travel and it's history is so fun to learn and playthrough. 

20220912_210414.jpg

First Animal In Space was achieved. But pesky China beat me to the first Lunar mission which would have been a rotation of the moon and sending signals back. I aim to beat them to the first human in space once locking down satellite images and sending a Chimpanzee up there. 

I've never played, but excited to try! Plus the spinoff game is coming next year, 100 Heroes or something? That looks amazing. And then you have FF7R-2, FF16, Octopath 2, Fire Emblem, and probably other things.... 2023 is the year of the RPG 

• Like 1

Suikoden 2 is my favorite game of all time.   Konami suck and are only doing this because Eiyuden Chronicle made so much money off kickstarter, but I'll take it.  Maybe it will lead to a 2.5D Suikoden sequel.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

Suikoden 2 is my favorite game of all time.   Konami suck and are only doing this because Eiyuden Chronicle made so much money off kickstarter, but I'll take it.  Maybe it will lead to a 2.5D Suikoden sequel.

Why have we not talked about this before Maxx?