General Gaming Thread - 2022

RPS

19 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I'm sure some people will be interested in this. It looks a lot like the Arkham games, unsurprisingly.

If it's not broke, don't fix it. The Arkham games are pretty great so using that style for other games will always work for me. I'd like to see some other superhero games done in this vein to be honest.

56 minutes ago, Forky said:

If it's not broke, don't fix it. The Arkham games are pretty great so using that style for other games will always work for me. I'd like to see some other superhero games done in this vein to be honest.

Well, you can expect the Suicide Squad game to play very similarly. It's being made by Rocksteady.

2 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Well, you can expect the Suicide Squad game to play very similarly. It's being made by Rocksteady.

Then that'll be a purchase for me. I've been wanting for Hawkeye/Arrow game like this. I've always had a thing for archers (that sounds weird) and there's nothing I want more than a game that I can just go around the city taking people out with arrows.

We've managed to put a handful (ok, maybe a bit more than that) of extra hours into Raft since I last posted.

We're taking the story side of things relatively slowly though. I don't want to rush through the story based islands too quickly and then get stuck when we don't have the materials needed to take on the enemies later in the game. 

I'll get a screenshot or two of our raft if I remember when we're on next. I've contributed 0 into designing it, but my gf loves Sims so she's all about that side of it.

• Like 1

So, a guy called Cr1TiKaL made a $5,000 challenge regarding Halo 2. He increased it to $20,000 when he realised just how hard the challenge was. 'LASO' is Legendary with All Skulls On and has never been done. Highly recommend watching this to understand the insanity of the challenge and some clips of runs being ruined by weird glitches or plain bad luck.

The skulls relating to this challenge:
Anger: Enemies have a higher rate of fire and will use guns instead of melee at close range.
Assassins: Enemies are cloaked with 'active camouflage', making them constantly semi-transparent.
Black Eye: Your shields only charge if you melee enemies to death.
Blind: No heads-up display. No flashlight.
Catch: Enemies throw grenades more often. They also drop more when killed.
Envy: This is the one NOT active, as it allows temporary active camo for the player with no downside.
Famine: Ammunition is more scarce.
Ghost: Enemies do not flinch.
Grunt Birthday Party: Headshot kills cause enemies to explode.
I Would Have Been Your Daddy: Rare battle dialogue becomes more common (doesn't affect gameplay).
Iron: Reverts co-op players to their furthest back checkpoint (irrelevant to this solo run).
Mythic: All NPCs have double health and double shields.
Sputnik: Items have less mass and are bounced around easily from explosions. These flying items can easily kill players.
Thunderstorm: Enemies get boosted ranks, so they generally have more health and shields.
Whuppopotamus: Enemies are on high alert and are more accurate.

JerValiN has attempted it quite a few times using the original Halo 2, which is a pain in the ass to set up because you have to collect the hidden skulls every time. He uses a pretty complex set of save points to do this before each run. This is his final run, it's just amazing stuff.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1551149836?t=00h43m05s

This challenge in Halo 2's remaster is even harder.

I didn't care for it at all myself. The melee combat felt clunky and the story was very dull. Stone Age Hurk was fun but that was it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Is Far Cry Primal any fun? For reference I have played and liked all the other ones

It was pretty fun. Found myself interested how the dialogue was spoken by them with the sounds of the language to the subtitles used. Almost felt a little more emotional. Honestly enjoyed my time with the game and the animal quests. Taming or going on a big hunt and building up the camp was a lot of time spent enjoying the little bits I could. It felt more survival without guns in a sense. Give it a go. The story of being out in nowhere at those times and being separated or alone with having to craft to survive is what made it for me. Had to think what would I do in those times. 

• Thanks 1