General Gaming Thread - 2022

RPS

23 hours ago, King Ellis said:

Let Konami have it just for the inherent confusion it would cause.

Give it to 2K. The games won't be any less money grabbing but I'd welcome an alternative to FIFA.

On the subject of alternatives, there's really only two and half football game series left, which feels odd compared to the mid 2000s when there was many more than that - they weren't always great but as well as FM, FIFA and Pro Evo you had Sony's This is Football, the Club Football games, LMA Manager, Eidos's continuation of the Championship Manager series and EA's Total Club/Fifa Manager too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Give it to 2K. The games won't be any less money grabbing but I'd welcome an alternative to FIFA.

On the subject of alternatives, there's really only two and half football game series left, which feels odd compared to the mid 2000s when there was many more than that - they weren't always great but as well as FM, FIFA and Pro Evo you had Sony's This is Football, the Club Football games, LMA Manager, Eidos's continuation of the Championship Manager series and EA's Total Club/Fifa Manager too.

1096446273-00.jpg

I'm for sure seeing the big differences between the last two games I've played I'm not done with Tiny Tiny yet and maybe I'll connect with it later but even though it's silly fun it's not like immersive at all whereas Horizon Forbidden West I really connected with the NPCs and cared what happened to them. I'm just going to make up names because I can't think right now but it's like

In Horizon I'll happen upon Bob being attacked by machines in the forest. I'll save Bob and then he'll tell me his daugther is trapped just up ahead and I'll go save his daughter. Bob will rush up to me with tears in his eyes "Thank you champion! This bow has been in my family for generations! Please put it to good use."

You received Bob's family Hunting Bow

Then on future hunts I'll be using Bob's bow and wondering how his family is doing.

But in Tiny Tiny's action Blerp Blorp the Goblin will ask me to kill HOT FART MACHINE the local wyvern or something so he and his tribe can cross a bridge or something and then I'll receive MEGAGUN 5000 BY ULTRAMAX "IT FIRES 4 BULLETS INSTEAD OF THE USUAL 2 AND ON IMPACT THOSE BULLETS EXPLODE INTO 4 MORE BULLETS THAT SCREAM INSULTS ABOUT YOUR FOES MOTHER BEFORE DROPPING A METEOR ON THEM!" ONLY THE BEST FROM ULTRAMAX!

It's not that either is more fun exactly it's just I've never really played a Borderlands thing and I should probably give up hope there is an engaging story right around the corner right? :lol: 

• Haha 1

Borderlands stories aren't exactly a Shakespearean masterpiece of human drama and are definitely about gameplay over story but the stories are told well.

Also remember Tiny Tina is a 12 year old (a 12 year old who's *seen some shit*) so expect it to feel like playing a game DMed by a 12 year old.

• Like 1

On 11/05/2022 at 16:34, Your Mom said:

I've never really played a Borderlands thing and I should probably give up hope there is an engaging story right around the corner right? :lol: 

Was I 100% wrong about this? Shockingly yes! :w00t: Now to be fair I have two missions left so it could all turn into a big fart joke by the end but it is actually a really poignant little story all of a sudden :D 

I mean, not having played this game (yet!) but... this being a Borderlands-verse game... it's not entirely impossible for it to be like that.

I'm in that "in between" games phase where I finished one and now don't know what to play. I don't want to go into Lost Judgement right away to avoid burnout on that game... and Dying Light 2 was not enjoyable after my 2-3 hours with it, and no one in my area wants to swap PS5 games.

Basically I have the hardest life.

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

I'm in that "in between" games phase where I finished one and now don't know what to play. I don't want to go into Lost Judgement right away to avoid burnout on that game... and Dying Light 2 was not enjoyable after my 2-3 hours with it, and no one in my area wants to swap PS5 games.

Same tbh.

Platinumed Elden Ring over the weekend and now feel like an empty shell of a man. I've got no clue what to play next and for the first time in a long time there's nothing on the horizon that interests me.

Might just play Elden Ring again. :lol:

6 hours ago, Ollie said:

Same tbh.

Platinumed Elden Ring over the weekend and now feel like an empty shell of a man. I've got no clue what to play next and for the first time in a long time there's nothing on the horizon that interests me.

Play Elden Ring but only use the butt slam once obtained.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ollie said:

Same tbh.

You might like Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen?

• Like 1

if you're an achievement hunter, you can always play City of Heroes: Homecoming, the best unofficial and free server for the cult classic MMO City of Heroes. It has 1581 achievements you can get!

On 17/05/2022 at 15:34, Ruki said:

I literally have no idea what I'm playing after Elden Ring and the answer might be more Elden Ring... or I'll just cruise through all the Soulsbourne games.

On 17/05/2022 at 23:40, S O I L said:

Play Elden Ring but only use the butt slam once obtained.

Ah, I see you solved my own predicament.

I've been playing the Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe version all weekend, having not played the game originally. It is hilariously funny, and occasionally quite creepy, and overall a really good game. That said, the additional content really justifies the price tag, so I'm quite glad I didn't play it before it had more to do.

Extra content spoiler:

Spoiler

Everything involving the bucket is an absolute ride, as is the complete insanity of going through Steam reviews and the narrator reacting accordingly.

On 11/05/2022 at 08:04, RPS said:

I bought Street Fighter IV because I was craving a fighting game. Fighting Games are so good. Like a gaming comfort food. 

So my daughter is super obsessed with Marvel v Capcom 3. I'm down the fighting game rabbit hole. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

2 hours ago, RPS said:

So my daughter is super obsessed with Marvel v Capcom 3. I'm down the fighting game rabbit hole. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Boy, are you two in for a treat very soon.

• Like 1