General Gaming Thread - 2022

RPS

Likewise, reboot of Lords of the Fallen isn't something I had on my prediction list. I hope they make the next logical step in their evolution by ripping off Elden Ring this time.

I haven't played 6, but I have played 1 2 and 4(?) and all I can say is 'maybe'.

If you like your tactical jrpg to be very zany, a little short but with the ability to devolve into extremely deep post game grinding and character building then this game is definitely something you'll have fun with.

You don't need to have to played past games although you'll miss some references.

If you want to spend hours building an unstoppable level 9999 character that has been 'reborn' many times over so that he can do damage numbers into the millions, then this game is definitely worth a play.

Also on the plus side, the actual story mode doesn't need excessive grinding to get through in a reasonable time, which makes it quite user friendly compared to other jrpgs

So on the subject of the new Saints Row - I seriously feel like I'm playing a different game from the reviewers. Granted that the Xbox and especially the Series X version seems to be the least bug riddled - but I'm having one hell of a time with not a lot bad to say about it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, apsham said:

So on the subject of the new Saints Row - I seriously feel like I'm playing a different game from the reviewers. Granted that the Xbox and especially the Series X version seems to be the least bug riddled - but I'm having one hell of a time with not a lot bad to say about it.

That's good to know! I'll pick it up on sale I think. 

1 minute ago, Ruki said:

That's good to know! I'll pick it up on sale I think. 

Yeah, honestly not a bad call especially if you've got other stuff to play.

Unless they change some balancing - I for sure went into the custom options and made the lock on a bit stronger and gave ally vehicles a bit of a boost in health for those kinds of missions. The game allows you really granular levels of control over those settings which is neat.

There's a good variety of stuff to do and it still feels like Saints Row to me - I for sure am in line with the people who feel like it's closer to 2 than 3+4 in terms of tone. Saints Row 2 was a the sweet spot for me - but by the time that 3+4 hit I was tired of the main cast of characters, etc. The character customization and feel of the game world is top notch as well - a much needed change of location and pace.

• Like 4

Taking a break from Wasteland 3 by, playing a post apocalyptic RPG set in Russia, Atom. Immersion broken straight away by the tutorial character. No Russian has, or will ever, be called Alf.

7 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Taking a break from Wasteland 3 by, playing a post apocalyptic RPG set in Russia, Atom. Immersion broken straight away by the tutorial character. No Russian has, or will ever, be called Alf.

Also, a whole town came out and killed me after I tried to pinch a chicken. :(

23 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Also, a whole town came out and killed me after I tried to pinch a chicken. :(

You clearly missed the episode of Home and Away when the Stewart clan went to Volgograd then.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ģå.żž said:

I have a portrait of my favourite streamer @Igwollieon my chest.

Rumbleverse is kind of fun. Very satisfying to chokeslam someone off a building.

Smackdown Shut Your Mouth vibes.