General Gaming Thread - 2022

RPS

I've finished Yakuza Kiwami. They really don't have any qualms about killing people off, but nothing is more upsetting than...

Spoiler

Her leaving the dog behind at the end. Why do you think it's going to be OK?! It was an injured stray when you found it!

Kiwami 2 downloading now...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

How did they manage to land Al Pacino for the Game Awards?!?

"Hey Al, want to say you're at an award show for a medium you barely understand and get a big check for it?"

dunkaccino-al-pacino.gif

• Haha 2

I have mixed feelings on it all. A monopoly in the industry would be a bad thing, but I'm also aware that another company will probably swoop in if the acquisition is successfully blocked. I'm not positive about the prospect of Amazon or Google picking Activision up, for example.

All that aside, getting rid of Bobby Kotick is essential.

If it were a non-gaming company there wouldn't be an issue. The last minute "we're putting COD on Nintendo but Sony doesn't seem to want the same deal" was kind of desperate looking. And it drew attention to the biggest thing for regulators, a massive source of revenue being pulled away from one company and consolidated under another.

This current administration is tougher on mergers than any I can remember. They should've tried this in 2019, it'd have been rubber stamped.

I only briefly skimmed the news this morning but saw new Hades which is neat. 

What's all this stuff about a kid sneaking on stage to talk about Bill Clinton?

1 hour ago, King Ellis said:

I only briefly skimmed the news this morning but saw new Hades which is neat. 

What's all this stuff about a kid sneaking on stage to talk about Bill Clinton?

They grabbed the microphone right at the end and said, "I want to dedicate this award to my Reformed Orthodox Rabbi, Bill Clinton." They have been arrested.

Apparently, it's an antisemitic reference to Info Wars.

On 03/12/2022 at 16:05, Chris2K said:

I've finished Yakuza Kiwami. They really don't have any qualms about killing people off, but nothing is more upsetting than...

Reveal hidden contents

Kiwami 2 downloading now...

On to Kiwami 2...

Spoiler

The dog is alright! Hooray!

Unfortunately I expect the Cabaret Club minigame returning means I will never reach Yakuza 3.

HOLY SHIT THE GREAT MUTA AND MASA CHONO JUST SHOWED UP.

AND NOW RIKI CHOSHU, FUJINAMI AND TENRYU!

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

On to Kiwami 2...

Hide contents

The dog is alright! Hooray!

Unfortunately I expect the Cabaret Club minigame returning means I will never reach Yakuza 3.

HOLY SHIT THE GREAT MUTA AND MASA CHONO JUST SHOWED UP.

AND NOW RIKI CHOSHU, FUJINAMI AND TENRYU!

Oh yeah, Yakuza goes hard with wrestlers in substories. The clan fights in 6 feature them heavily.

• Like 1