General Gaming Thread - 2022

RPS

Ghost of Tsushima is probably the greatest open world game I've played in a long time. I've not played the dlc yet cod I've been away from it for so long but every aspect of it was fantastic. I'd love a sequel if it was doable.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Brandon Cutler Fan Account said:

I really really need to just sit down and tackle some single player stuff. I've part-played or not started so many of them that I just feel like.im missing out now.

Nah, Siege 4 life.

Just finished Yakuza 0 (at last) and it's such a good game narratively, if emotionally crushing at certain points.

I've only played LAD before so the different style of game took some getting used to, and my progress was significantly halted by getting addicted to the Cabaret Club business. At least by the end it meant that Majima had over 6 billion yen and every available upgrade, so the last fight with him was a cinch (Kiryu, not so much, but I got there thanks to items).

I was either going to replay LAD or carry on through the games, I enjoyed this a lot so am going to go to Kiwami, although I know it's not going to be as polished compared to 0.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Kaney said:

Ghost of Tsushima is probably the greatest open world game I've played in a long time. I've not played the dlc yet cod I've been away from it for so long but every aspect of it was fantastic. I'd love a sequel if it was doable.

Ghost of Tsushima is on my list of game's that I'm going to be checking out very soon. The setting is what captured me about it, as well as the reviews that it got at the time and along with the open world content. While vastly different game's in genre. It will scratch my desire of Nioh and Sekiro type style settings and character's. 

9 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Just finished Yakuza 0 (at last) and it's such a good game narratively, if emotionally crushing at certain points.

I've only played LAD before so the different style of game took some getting used to, and my progress was significantly halted by getting addicted to the Cabaret Club business. At least by the end it meant that Majima had over 6 billion yen and every available upgrade, so the last fight with him was a cinch (Kiryu, not so much, but I got there thanks to items).

I was either going to replay LAD or carry on through the games, I enjoyed this a lot so am going to go to Kiwami, although I know it's not going to be as polished compared to 0.

Absolutely play through the rest of the series. I did it over the past 4-5 years, and it's one of my favorites now. You are right though, the polish doesn't really show up until Yakuza 4 or so. But there is more Cabaret Club to get addicted to. 

• Like 1

I've heard mostly great things about Ragnarok but how intrusive are these hints to those playing? I despise hints unless I've been at something for quite a long while. Difficulty is why I play games and how I get enjoyment/satisfaction out of them. And this shit really has started to turn me off to titles.

https://www.polygon.com/god-of-war-ragnarok-guide/23453949/atreus-mimir-puzzle-solutions-menu-option

Has anyone else picked up Tactics Ogre Reborn? I'll probably be putting it on the shelf when the new Pokemon releases but so far I'm enjoying it. Have done 3 (I think) battles past the tutorials. The only thing that I find annoying is the sheer amount of buff cards that pop up on the battlefield, I think they should be rarer as at the moment I'm basically tripping over them by accident.

Jurassic Park Evolution has been a great little fun game that has surprised me.

Really enjoying building up the park in my playthrough. Not very far into the first game of the series. Yet I do love the feel of it so far and what I'm learning along the way. 

Can't go wrong with Dinosaurs and a theme park simulatior really can you? Now oh look at that. My finger has slipped and someone let out the T-Rex. 😬

• Like 4

19 hours ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

Jurassic Park Evolution has been a great little fun game that has surprised me.

Really enjoying building up the park in my playthrough. Not very far into the first game of the series. Yet I do love the feel of it so far and what I'm learning along the way. 

Can't go wrong with Dinosaurs and a theme park simulatior really can you? Now oh look at that. My finger has slipped and someone let out the T-Rex. 😬

I bought it for my niece then got addicted for a while myself, great game. Evolution 2 is worth playing if on sale too.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

I bought it for my niece then got addicted for a while myself, great game. Evolution 2 is worth playing if on sale too.

Yes it is very addictive. Can get lost with time for a while on it. Really enjoying it. Also own Evolution 2 as that came with the bundle age's ago. Thank you for the recommendation of the 2nd.

Have a few game's lined up I might purchase on Black Friday. Depends on if I change my mind between then. Two Point Hospital. Cities Skylines DLC, Batman Arkham Collection (RIP Bats), Ghost of Tsushima and Sekiro. Going to muddle through what else is on the list. Then process of elimination on what I want. 

• 2 weeks later...

Still having a blast playing 7 Days to Die with my buddy a couple of nights a week.  Gives us a chance to catch up with one another but also just seeing our skills and base improve over time is rewarding.  We started the game by taking over some three story building to use as our base and now have been gradually making improvements.  Added an extra story, a mining shaft, and are now working on a full-blown underground garage.  Most importantly, constantly fortifying the base as we got incredibly close to dying in the last horde night we did when they found the one weakness in the base we didn't account for.

He and his wife are expecting their first baby sometime in late January so I suspect our gaming nights will be coming to an end for a while, so I'm just enjoying it while I can.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Is anyone interested in Marvel's Midnight Suns? It's a tactical game with card-based mechanics developed by Firaxis (XCOM, Civilization) and has been getting some positive reviews. 

I love everything Firaxis does, so I am interested based off just that. I added it to my Amazon wishlist, will get it when I don't have a million things to play (Pokemon & God of War right now... Fire Emblem in January, Octopath February. PLus finding time for Chained Echoes when that comes out next month on Gamepass). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

Is anyone interested in Marvel's Midnight Suns? It's a tactical game with card-based mechanics developed by Firaxis (XCOM, Civilization) and has been getting some positive reviews. 

I'm very interested in it, my main concern was that it might only be like a 15-20 hour game.  But IGN's review just said it's campaign comes in at around 75 hours.   So, definitely on my list to pick up now, may wait until after Christmas though.

• Like 2