GTA VI

Gazz

• 1 year later...

It's not something I'm itching to play. There are so many good games that are easily accessible these days that waiting for one specific product doesn't make much sense. I'd like to think, unrealistically, that the team has been able to work at a healthy pace as GTA Online continues to rake in obscene amounts of cash.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Busch Wyatt said:

The announcement should have the Grand Theft Auto VI logo on the screen only for the I to slide off to the side, bringing it back to Grand Theft Auto V as they announce 10 more different versions of that game.

GTA V on the SNES :w00t:

4 hours ago, Cymbols said:

They’ve definitely crossed the tipping point imo. There was a long time where the longer the wait the more suspense, but by now I feel like we’re in who really cares any more era. Obvs I expect that’ll change a bit closer to release etc.

Ditto, it's like the next Elder Scrolls. I'll check it out, but honestly any hype has long since died out.

So, with the Houser's being fully out for this one - I'd be interested in seeing if the change of focus is something that's just "Hey, you people like this shit now, right?" or if they're actually going to take GTA into an interesting direction. They can do that, they did it with Red Dead - but man, as interesting as it was at the time - GTA V's story was just a fucking slog to get through of characters that are just impossibly hard to care about.

• Like 2

I agree, GTA V had a really lacklustre story and I thought it suffered from the multiple protagonists gimmick. It was a long time ago, so it can definitely work, but I do hope the characters and story are up to snuff. They did an incredible job on that front with Red Dead 2 so I hope they've taken some inspiration from that.

I also suspect I'll feel more hyped when it's closer to release. I actually wasn't too fussed about Red Dead 2 in the lead-up, and didn't play it for a couple of months after release, but now I'd say it's easily my favourite ever game. All that said...who knows if I'll even have the hardware to play GTA VI by the time it releases.

• Like 2

They really need to stop trying to inject crude humour into absolutely everything. You'll see characters who more or less say, "Hello! I'm an angry feminist! I hate all men because I feel inadequate!" or "Hello! I'm a redneck who loves guns and underage women!" It's all such an overload.

I understand that it's supposed to be satire, but it's completely base-level edgelord humour. Even Saints Row, styled as a comedy game through and through, punched down a lot less.

What amused me is that, when the gameplay leaks appeared online, the outrage from the Republican base was based around the fact that one of the player characters was a Hispanic woman. Where people were once worried about children playing an urban murder simulator, they're now scared they'll be experiencing ethnic and gender diversity.

• Like 2