GTA VI

Gazz

The key for the radio is that they got you INTO the world, and with Vice City and San Andreas being in the 80's and 90's it just helped solidify that era. The HD universe (4 & 5) were set in the time they were released and it was just meh, I'd just pick the genre I liked and stuck with that.

On another note, it was funny seeing the "first female protaganist in GTA" articles pop up, only to get shut down when it got pointed out that the first GTA let you pick a character from 4 male and 4 female options.

I suppose the female protagonist is still somewhat significant because the playable characters in the first game were just palette swaps. It's still something to point out to those who decry so-called wokeness, though.

I also think there are a fair number of people who see GTA 3 as the unofficial "first" game in the series. It was the first 3D one and the point at which the franchise became massive. It's quite telling that virtually nobody asks for a new GTA in the style of the original three (if we're counting GTA London as a separate game) games, whereas you'll see that a lot with series like Resident Evil and Final Fantasy.

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

I suppose the female protagonist is still somewhat significant because the playable characters in the first game were just palette swaps. It's still something to point out to those who decry so-called wokeness, though.

I think the key question would be if it is solely a female playable character, or is it the full Bonnie and Clyde rumored set up with a similar character change like in V.

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

I also think there are a fair number of people who see GTA 3 as the unofficial "first" game in the series. It was the first 3D one and the point at which the franchise became massive. It's quite telling that virtually nobody asks for a new GTA in the style of the original three (if we're counting GTA London as a separate game) games, whereas you'll see that a lot with series like Resident Evil and Final Fantasy.

They did do a game in that style and improved upon it, but I guess not many were fans of Chinatown Wars on the DS, which is a shame because it added a great drug dealing mechanic.

More interestingly that style was better suited to handheld consoles, with GTA 1 and 2 getting ports to the GBC, and a GTA 3 companion title for the GBA, all in the top down style, I guess with the end of those kind of consoles and being able to port the 3D titles to mobiles there isn't a call for the style anymore.

44 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Rockstar have confirmed that the game will be coming to Xbox Series X/S and PS5, but there's no mention of a PC version. Once again, it seems that they're going to stagger the releases. I'm sure you can expect a PS6 remaster a couple of years later as well.

This is the first game I'd want on release day since GTA 5. Shame I'll need to get a new console just for the privilege.

3 hours ago, LL! said:

God damn did they do a great job recreating Miami. So many recognizable buildings and areas. 

I'm going to go to the virtual recreation of your house and steal virtual items from your virtual fridge.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Gazz changed the title to GTA VI

Obviously it's just a trailer that should be taken with a pinch of salt and we need to see how things pan out in game but it certainly looks very busy. As unwanted a comparison as it might be, it puts me in mind of something like AC Unity which always had lots of NPC's around.

Certainly the setting does bring something of a brighter tone too which would be welcome after V and IV before it. Whilst I'm cautiously optimistic, there's the elephant in the room of how much the multiplayer component will potentially overshadow the single player side. We've already seen that despite various re-releases, they've shown no interest in doing any single player DLC for V and would much rather milk everyone for more shark card money. 

For my sins I still haven't played RDR2 but how would people say that the multiplayer affected that? I guess I'm wary that going into V the multiplayer was always a side thing and didn't even come out until a month or two in, but now this is being developed in a world where they know the vast money they make on it so the worry is that will be the main focus. I've always heard good things about the single player for RDR2 and bad about the multi so I suppose that's a good sign?

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Rockstar have confirmed that the game will be coming to Xbox Series X/S and PS5, but there's no mention of a PC version. Once again, it seems that they're going to stagger the releases. I'm sure you can expect a PS6 remaster a couple of years later as well.

This is garbage by Rockstar, but not unexpected.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

For my sins I still haven't played RDR2 but how would people say that the multiplayer affected that? I guess I'm wary that going into V the multiplayer was always a side thing and didn't even come out until a month or two in, but now this is being developed in a world where they know the vast money they make on it so the worry is that will be the main focus. I've always heard good things about the single player for RDR2 and bad about the multi so I suppose that's a good sign?

RDR2 just never seemed to lend itself to multiplayer play for me. The historical setting meant that Rockstar couldn't put as much content as they could in GTA, there's only so many horses you can put in versus the amount of cars, planes, boats etc. The fact that you could headshot anyone for an instant kill meant there wasn't much point to grinding for better weapons. I think pretty early on as well, Rockstar realised that the bigger monetary gain was still in GTA Online, so abandoned / half-assed RDR Online development. For example, they announced that RDR wasn't getting anymore updates last year, but there is a new online DLC for GTA coming out soon.

1 hour ago, METALMAN said:

Wait, so you play as a woman now? 

Grand Theft Auto? More like Woke Theft Auto. Or Grand Theft Woke. Or Grand Woke Auto.

GB News tweeted last week that people are worried about the game being woke. I do enjoy the fact that interactive murder sprees are less concerning to some people than gender diversity.

• Like 1

Excited. Obviously it's just a trailer so far. But one I would buy on release date. It's been a tradition since Vice City to purchase on release date for GTA. Will be interested in returning to the modern world of Vice City, and also see if they mention Tommy Vercetti at least in a nod to the passing of Ray Liotta last year. 

I'm happy to see a female character in GTA. I often used to use a cheat code to change the character model in 3 and San Andreas. So it really doesn't bother me, and I'm actually interested in how the story will be with the female character. 

I hardly touched Online in IV or V. So hopefully Rockstar will still build on the single player experience this time, instead of just online content. Although. Seeing as they are already probably going to stagger release dates as mentioned in here. Probably not.

3 hours ago, King Ellis said:

Obviously it's just a trailer that should be taken with a pinch of salt and we need to see how things pan out in game but it certainly looks very busy. As unwanted a comparison as it might be, it puts me in mind of something like AC Unity which always had lots of NPC's around.

Certainly the setting does bring something of a brighter tone too which would be welcome after V and IV before it. Whilst I'm cautiously optimistic, there's the elephant in the room of how much the multiplayer component will potentially overshadow the single player side. We've already seen that despite various re-releases, they've shown no interest in doing any single player DLC for V and would much rather milk everyone for more shark card money. 

They’ve kinda moved on from shark cards to the GTA+ subscription money as their goal. Depending on how heavily that influence is in 6, will determine how likely I am to buy early. 

4 hours ago, Gazz said:

I'm going to go to the virtual recreation of your house and steal virtual items from your virtual fridge.

Hahaha jokes on them! There's nothing in my fridge!!!

🥲

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Gonna be weird in 11 years time when me and my 13 year old son are still dicking about on GTA VI Online on our PS7's.

• Haha 1