Grand Theft Auto V

IzzyX

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

FUCK YES!

Meh, they would want to make it special. Still have a terrible taste left in my mouth from IV.

Yeah, IV was boring as hell. Hopefully they go the fun route like SA rather than the 'realistic' route.

That's why, right now, I prefer Saints Row over GTA. I didn't have fun playing GTA. Maybe if the previous games had all been ultra-serious like IV was, I wouldn't notice it so much, but while in every single previous GTA game I had heaps of fun, I simply didn't have fun playing GTA IV nor Episodes From Liberty City (and I STILL haven't played The Ballad of Gay Tony), whereas Saints Row 2? I've played it at least 3 times already because it's just a fun game to play.

I seriously hope this one goes back to making GTA fun.

I agree about GTAIV being a bit boring. It looked stunning and all that jazz but it wasn't as fun as the others. Personally I hope it is set in Tokyo or something, America has been done to death and I doubt they'll make it in London.

Perhaps you should play BofGT, I found it more fun than L&D but did love the story to that one.

I'm pretty hyped for this, always loved GTA and I loved IV especially, I didn't mind the realistic route they took, in fact I kind of liked it more in many ways than the old style. I wonder how much the trailer will actually reveal, my guessing is not much at all but we'll have to see!

Ballad of Gay Tony is actually the best one. Comes closest to the tone of III/Vice City/SA.

I think IV has its place but it really does take itself too seriously, and I'd like V to backpedal away from that a bit.

Tokyo would be interesting but for me, despite how poor the Yakuza games are, they really capture the feeling of walking along busy Japanese city streets - I played a demo of 4 and was freaking out at how close it was. Could GTA do the same? Dunno.

I liked IV, I liked the realism of it and liked how the characters work - I just got bored of it. not cos of the game itself but cos I think I don't care for that kind of game and story any more.

Having said that, San Andreas is still my most played of the series - there was just so much too do - bewildering.

All that's left to do in the US is Chicago (you could probably find a way to do DC/Atlanta/Detroit/Other but c'mon) and the chance they had to do a Latino has come and gone.

Personally my money is on something resembling Chicago/DC, but it would be cool to see Toyko (didn't London get done waaaaay back when?).

As fun as I can have with GTA games, I always get bored of them after a certain point. If Grand Theft Auto V Five has a really good multiplayer, I would consider buying it if my friends do. I dont really care about the story any of the GTA games may have, as I just play to fuck around in it.

GTA IV seemed to be really nice with the updates and such, though the driving seemed awkward as hell to me on PC.

Guest JukeboxHero

GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas were insanely fun games. They played so much better than IV did. If they can go back to the old days with V, then this game will get purchased by me for sure.

I will never forget playing an online 2v2 with a mate against two random guys, in Algonquin, with blips turned off. It ended $0-$0, but driving up and down every street and swinging the camera to see if the opponents were there was weirdly fun. shifty.gif

I enjoyed IV, and its episodes, but I completely understand why it didn't work for others. For most of those people, V will no doubt be a day one purchase in any case, like it will for me.