Grand Theft Auto V

IzzyX

I heard a rumor a while ago that it was going to be set in a Washington D.C. like setting. A friend of mine who works for a company that does roto-scopping, or however you spell it, says that a big setback for Rockstar was they were making the monuments to close to real life. Like, a virtual map of the city and monuments and head honchos took poorly to this because of the violence associated with the games and how apparently a terrorist could buy a game and know the layout. This was also like, two years ago, so yeah.

I have some doubts about this. Mainly the idea of a GTA in D.C. when Baltimore's an hour away and much more fitting of a setting for an organized crime game.

I heard a rumor a while ago that it was going to be set in a Washington D.C. like setting. A friend of mine who works for a company that does roto-scopping, or however you spell it, says that a big setback for Rockstar was they were making the monuments to close to real life. Like, a virtual map of the city and monuments and head honchos took poorly to this because of the violence associated with the games and how apparently a terrorist could buy a game and know the layout. This was also like, two years ago, so yeah.

I have some doubts about this. Mainly the idea of a GTA in D.C. when Baltimore's an hour away and much more fitting of a setting for an organized crime game.

Well, they could go the semi-SA route and set it in the DC-Baltimore metro area. The smaller low-laying buildings of DC in one "city" and the more big city feel of Baltimore in another.

and if they really wanted to go the route of San Andrea's with the DC area, Richmond Virginia has some tall buildings. Plus Philly and NYC aren't that much of a distance from DC, so if they wanted to separate them like the cities were separated in SA, it could be done

Edited by Lint6

That seems like dumb reasoning when a terrorist could, like, buy a map and also figure out the layout.

Certain areas of DC are not mapped properly for this reason.

Strong rumours it's set in SA. Potential plot spoilers have been leaked onto 4chan, I'm not sure on how legit they are and I could have likely come up with a fairly similar list through guess work/previous games. Most interesting thing is that if they are true the economy in game will be of much greater importance and will revolve around the drug trade. I can't see Rockstar doing this as it's too controversial. Although it was in Chinatown Wars so who the fuck knows.

Spoilers also contained music information, whilst music plays a huge part and I'd imagine a massive influence on design I don't believe Rockstar would have a finalised soundtrack this far out.

My bet is that the trailer gives limited information away. I'm guessing they don't release any info until around the release of Saint's Row for shits and giggles.

IV was good, but it was nothing compared to San Andreas. The gameplay, the voice actors, the music, everything was glorious. I downloaded it on Live and clocked it for the third time a while ago, so fucking good.

IV was good in terms of gameplay. The story kind of sucked. The lack of any truly GTA outlandish characters was what soured me on it.

I think Brucie counts. Unfortunately, Brucie is just one character in an entire ensemble cast.

I am almost certain they at some point said they would not to another san andreas sized "worldmap". I never finished that game, the first time i played it i was just killing in the first city to get the most gang teretories and the second time i kinda just stoped wen i was in the second city. Another point in SA was that the music wassent 100% my cup of tea... but i still had tons of fun.