Grand Theft Auto V

IzzyX

Don't forget the memory card. :shifty:

It's been on sale a few times before mind. PS2 I find are still relatively expensive. I wouldn't having a slim one but they're still upwards of 40/50 quid. Depends where you look, I guess.

I am not convinced that's Ray Liotta. I'm not an expert on Ray Liotta, nor am I an expert on voice-overs, but it just does not sound like the way he speaks. I can't really even imagine it's him. I hope he's in the game, but I just don't hear HIS voice.

San Andreas is the only full 3D GTA game (not the expansions, the stories, etc) that I've not finished. It was way too long for it's own good, IMO. They didn't have a story that was interesting enough to pull me along. I agree with some that Vice City was the best overall. GTAIV's story was lacking and they didn't really bring back any of the characters, which hopefully they change in this one.

Anyways, looking forward to this. Looks cool.

Another IGN article about it

"Does this mean you can buy real estate in GTA V?" Uhhh.. couldn't you in every game since 3? >_>

I remember buying my first PS2, and GTA: San Andreas was the first game I bought, a few weeks before my 18th birthday so had to go through 4 shops before they didn't ID me, and I had to leave the ps2 on for 3 weeks 'cause I spent all my money and didn't have a memory card.

EDIT: Yes, Cloudy, except for IV

Yeah, don't hear Liotta in that either. While yeah, Vercetti seems to be everyone's favourite protag, in no way could I ever seriously see him "reformed" anyway. Part of the charm of the character was that he was a ruthless, psychopathic mass murderer who climbed over anyone who got in his way to get on top -- I don't think anyone would actually want to see Tommy Vercetti "settle down" and have kids and all that bullshit.

Somebody on the IGN game news show thingy said it's almost like The Sims but with guns. The stuff you can do has been quintupled. I.e., play pool, paint, yoga, workout, etc. etc.

You could play pool in 4. And painting? Yoga :/ Seems like a waste.

I won't believe that until Rockstar says something. The teaser trailer was just released, we don't know anything about the game other than the location.

Somebody on the IGN game news show thingy said it's almost like The Sims but with guns. The stuff you can do has been quintupled. I.e., play pool, paint, yoga, workout, etc. etc.

Now it sounds like San Andreas. Anything else to add to the list of things I might do once then ignore for the rest of the game?

The hosts got in to a little debate about the interactive features. The chick though brought up a good point though. She said if all of these activities are a possibility it lends itself to the idea that the world is massive not only in geography, but details as well. You can walk down the street and interact with everything around you just as you could in real life. One of the other hosts brought up that that idea could mean we can enter any building now.